Chapter Four

Gally's snoring woke me once again. I have woke up before him for a couple weeks now, and everytime, I don't wake him. Instead, I watch him peacefully sleep.

Not like a creeper, more like an admirer.

His relaxed face was seldom seen when he was awake.

His hand twitched slightly.

Looking him over, I realized that I didn't know Gally that well. Sure, I knew him better than anyone else, but I felt like he still had things that I didn't know about.

What was his favorite color? Favorite food?

Getting to know him the past couple of weeks had been hectic and messy. But it was a mess that I was willing to put up with.

Gally took a deep breath and his face turned with pain.

He was putting up a hard exterior with this whole deal, but it was obvious he was having a difficult time.

Not only with his lung, but also adjusting.

I sighed and stood up. Stretching, my body was aching more than ever. I had been training with the old man every morning now.

He was right. Focusing on something was helping distract me from everything else and keeping me sane.

His name was still unknown to me, but he said I can call him Doc.

I told him that was stupid and it earned me a good beating in a spar.

I leaned down and kissed Gally on the cheek before padding across the floor and putting on my boots.

We haven't kissed since the first night I woke up, and it is unsettling. Sure, he sometime reaches oved to hold my hand when we lie in our cots late at night and talk about our day, but nothing as intimate has happened.

It felt like I was starving of the taste of his lips and his callouced touch on my soft skin.

Sighing, I walked to the door.

"Joan," Gally mumbled behind me.

Quickly turning, I thought I woke him up, but no. He was still sound asleep. He had just said my name in his sleep.

I couldn't help but smile as I leaned against the door frame and looked at him once more before I left.

"You are late," Doc snapped.

"I was caught up. Don't get your briefs in a twist," I grumbled and began wrapping my fists.

"Dont wrap them today," he instructed.

"What?" My head shot up to see him getting into a fighting stance.

Without time for me to react, he jolted forward and punched my stomach, right above where the stitches were.

A jolt of pain brought tears to my eyes.

"What the hell?" I yelled grabbing my side.

"You think the world is going to wait for you?" He asked and attacked again.

I dogged it as he spoke.

"You think a crank will hesitate for you to put on your wraps and get ready in the morning?"

I punched him, but he seemed unfazed and crazed, like an animal.

He grabbed my wrist and hit my nose.

It popped and my eyes instantly began to water as blood dripped down into my mouth.

Hot seering pain spread across my face.

"You think WCKD will let you tie your shoes before they take you away and drain you from the inside out?" He yelled now and knocked me to the ground.

He was wild. Acting too insane.

In a panic, crawled and I grabbed a gun, cocked it, and held it to his chest.

His animalistic eyes softened once he saw the gun and he dropped his fist that was raised to punch.

"The world won't wait Joan, always be ready for the worse," he let out a sigh and picked up his cane.

"That's all for today," he turned and walked out the door.

I noticed that he was now walking with a limp.

Shrugging it off, I reached up and touched under my nose. When I pulled back, sticky blood covered my fingers.

"Bastard," I mumbled and pulled my shirt up to plug my nose.

When I got back to the room, Gally was tying his shoes while sitting on the bed.

"Joan, not again," he groaned and grabbed one of his shirts from the floor. "That shuck face better watch himself, I wouldn't want to have to hurt him."

Laughing, I shook my head. "I would love to see you try."

He stepped back and looked at my nose.

"It's broken. I need to set it," he crossed his arms.

"Yeah, I'm not letting you do that," I scoffed.

"I did it all the time in the glade. I have done it to myself," he noted.

"In that case, hell no! Have you seen your nose," I teased.

He rolled his eyes and stepped forward, pulling the shirt away from my face.

He gently wrapped his thumb and pointer finger around my nose and said on three.

"One."

I bit down on my shirt.

"Two."

He snapped it and I clinched my jaw.

My eyes water profusely and I let out a small cry. Reaching up, my nose was sore, but it felt straight again

"What the hell, you said on three!"

"Surprise," he shrugged and put the shirt back under it as more blood came rushing out.

Cusing him out, I watched his face.

His blue eyes were almost green around his pupil.

"What is your favorite color?" I asked as he changed the bloody shirt out for another.

"I don't know," he pushed aside the question.

"Everyone has a favorite color. Yours is probably red. You seem like a red kind of guy," I hissed as he squeezed my nose.

"Yeah, red," he agreed.

Without thinking, I leaned forward and kissed him.

He jerked back, then leaned into it.

I pulled back quickly.

"You taste like blood," he wiped his lips. "Lets save that for later."

He raised an eyebrow and smirked.

My jaw dropped, but I quickly recovered it.

His comment took me off guard, but I wasn't going to disagree.

My stomach twisted and my palms became sweaty.

What all did he want to do later?

What if he wanted to do more than I was ready for?

I trusted him, so I guess only time would tell.

•••●●•••

Sorry.... it has been a crazy few weeks.

But I just took my last final so I can officially focus on writing! Yayyyy

Thank you to the few who are reading, you guys make it all worth it:)