• 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 •

"I know what you plan on doing. I can see it through your innocent little eyes."

"I'm not doing anything! You don't know what your talking abou-"

"You'd stay quite if you know what's best for you."

I was left with that dream wandering in my head. The blurred body was a mystery and the fact that they know. It scared me. I would ask my father but god knows he never has the time for questions. I start to over think. I shouldn't, but I couldn't help myself. As I start to think about possible people that could be the blurred figure my mind soon reminds me that today is dinner with the Riddles. I absolutely dreaded this day but it can't be avoided as much as I wanted it to be. I walk into my fathers office.

"How do you want me to kill him."

He looks at me, proudly. He slides a black dagger and a packet of poison in front of me.

"You have the honor to choose. Just get it done."

I thought about it. I am highly trained to use knives and can throw well, but the packet is easier. I choose and take both.

"Smart girl." He smirks and I walk out.

Walking out I feel guilty even though I haven't done anything yet.

My mother waits for me in my room. I'm assuming my father already told her.

"I know already."

I knew it.

"I have prepared an outfit for you." She says handing me a black dress. "Hidden knife pocket"

I smile at her and thank her. She walks out. I try to think of my plan before 6:00. I start to think smart. Many people have tried to kill him before so I can't do anything to obvious. I decided to poison his drink at dinner. If that doesn't work then my next plan is to stab him. His first reaction is to excuse himself and head to the bathroom. I follow him and kill him. I'll inspect him during dinner as I will be sitting next to him. See if he has any weapons. I look at the time too see it's already 5:00. I put my dress on and it fits like a glove. I but my knife in the secret pocket and the poison in the other. I walk out confident with my plan. My family and I get into a carriage pulled by huge black horses. We are then taken to the riddles Manor.

___________________________________

I hear the horses hooves stop clicking and realize we are here. I take a peak outside the window and I stare in awe. A huge Manor filled with clouded sky's and moss engulfed the walls. I am escorted out of the carriage. I pick my dress up as I walk to avoid it being dragged on the floor. We walk up to the door and before we could knock they open wide. The whole Riddle family is standing waiting to greet us. I quickly spotted Mattheo as he did with me. We met eyes.

"Welcome to our warm home!" Mrs. Riddle welcomed us. We where not amused as we were practically forced to this dinner. We walk in cautiously.

Their servants took our coats off. Lorenzo gives me a suspicious look warning me. I was distracted and noticed someone taking my coat. I flinch back and the servant looks at be confused.

"I can take my own coat thank you." I say warmly trying not to offend him. He nods and quickly walks away. I put my coat away and look back to see Mattheo inspecting me. I'm afraid he might catch on so I try to play it cool.

We were now in their dining room. A long black table with high chairs of cushion backs and sliver outlines. Pictures of historical people on the walls and some animal heads. A fire place on each side and a musk smell with a hint of pine. All tied together with a grand chandelier with diamonds hung individually. A servant leads me to a chair and pulls it out for me. I thank him and sit down while scooting my chair up closer to the table. I look around to see silver plants and utensils. Black candles as centerpieces. I look over to see Mattheo sitting next to me. Just as I planned. He had an all black suit and smelled like books and smoke. I took in his cologne and found it oddly attractive..

Mrs. Riddle claps two times and soon servants come in the room flooding in with trays of food and setting them down in front of everyone. I scoot my chair back as soon as the servant for Mattheo's food comes over.

"I am so sorry! Please let help you with that" I bend down and quickly put the poison the drink. The servant gets up and gives him his food. As much as I want to smile of my success I can blow my cover.

I continue eating as my father and the Riddles talk. Every few minutes I'll look over if he has taken a sip yet. I start considering plan B.

He excuses himself and I knew it was my time. I excuse myself as well and follow him into the bathroom. I couldn't catch where he went so I put my hand on my dagger. I walked slowly around the corner knowing he would be there. I smelled his cologne and went for it. I did a spin and duck and when his back was turned I grabbed his head and latched on to his silky curls. I quickly put the dagger on his throat. I had him where I wanted him. I was planning to slit his throat. He then quickly turned me around to the wall and held my hands up above my head with my dagger in his hands to my cheek. I struggled trying to escape but he was stronger than me.

"Maybe next time you'll get me princess. You really think I couldn't see you slip that poison in my drink? You must think I'm a fool." He said with a proud smirk still holding both my arms up above my head with one of his hands.

"You won't have that smirk when I kill you." I say still struggling.

"I'm not the one against the wall." He spoke getting closer to my face. Taunting me.

I pounce at him and he flinched back. I smiled and suddenly his smirk went away.

"I know what you plan on doing. I can see it through your innocent little eyes."

I stood still to the realization of his voice. He was the blurred person in my dream.

"Cat got your tongue darling?"

He let go of my hands and gave my dagger back. He smiled as he pushed me back to the dinning room. I sat back down still next to me. My father look at me mad and disappointed. I looked straight to my brother and he gave me a comforting look. I just stared at my plate and glanced at Mattheo. He had a huge smirk on his face.

I didn't want to go home to face my fathers lectures of how I'm not good enough. I just say their in failure as the enemy won.

So far...

___________________________________

AHHHH I absolutely loved writing this!

I hoped y'all liked it! Sorry for not updating enough I promise more chapters coming soon! <3

Don't forget to vote. 🖤