First week of new recruit training

Jabari was outraged as he saw them kissing so he made himself known seeing her pull away. She glared at him and she got away from Atem as she went over and she backhanded Jabari. Jabari fell on the ground and put a hand on his cheek looking at her.

"HAL! ALEC!" Britt called

Both men came and she told them to lock Jabar in his room for spying on her quarters. Without a word they both took Jabari away and he just looked at her as she crossed her arms. The new recruits still didn't know she was the leader and it was to stay that way for awhile.

"I should go, it is my first night here." Atem said
"Try to get some sleep." Britt said

Atem went to his room and then Britt turned in knowing this was what was expected. She calmed herself but she knew that she had to figure out what she wanted. She couldn't just give her heart away even though it felt like that was happening. She knew that it was best not to socialize in public with him right away.

When the next day happened Britt had to walk around in the secret attire of the leader to make sure none of the new recruits knew who she was. Atem was the only exception to this rule as there was going to be a lot going on She knew that this was what she needed. Hal handed her the meal for her and she took it as everyone was talking and eating.

The rules we made for new recruits I'm not allowed to socialize with anyone. Britt thought

Hal led her to the table meant for the leader and those who were potential to be 2nd in command. It had to appear as an all guys table for now. Britt ate in quiet knowing she could neither talk nor socialize as leader but she'd have to play two roles. The leader would only be seen during certain times. Atem noticed and he questioned how she could handle such a thing.

"So how have the new recruits pleased you?" Alec asked

Atem watched her as she made hand signs when she wasn't eating. He realized they had a code that she was communicating with but since he wasn't around long enough he didn't know what it meant.

"I'm glad that they please you." Hal said

Again Britt made some more gestures with her hands and the men at the table were taking it in. Atem merely watched as he ate seeing that Britt was all covered up. Her hands gloved by fishnet and her cloak over her head with her head down so all he saw sometimes was her eyes.

So beautiful those eyes even when hidden. Atem thought

Mana lightly smacked him knowing that she didn't know the truth. He looked at her and knew everyone thought the leader was a man. Mahad even had a concerned look at the way that his prince was looking at the leader. Britt was the leader but he had to not blow her cover.

"Are you interested in another man?" Mana asked

"What? No." Atem said "My betrothed is here, remember?" He whispered to her
"Right, have you found her?" Mana asked

"Is it the woman with the water powers?" Mahad asked overhearing mana

"Uh yeah but she's not really on board with an arranged marriage." Atem whispered

Meanwhile Britt was eating and pouting under her hood as she noticed Atem. Her heart was conflicted because as she said to Atem her potential seconds were handsome men but her first kiss was given to him. She knew that she wanted to be one hundred percent that Atem was who she would go with after the battle ended.

My heart and head are one needing to be focused on the rebellion but when I look at him it beats a little faster. Needless to say I know that I am partially into my 2nd in command and with the other potentials. They are handsome but I won't make a move on them because I don't want to hurt them. Britt thought