Resisiting

Atem walked away and Britt stayed with the kids for a bit before returning to the training. She got in the crowd preparing for the fights watching the others. Eventually she got up there and had her fight with Hal. As they were they were evenly matched as Britt kept up with him and kept up but when she saw Atem she almost lost her focus seeing him watching. Hal noticed she wasn't focused and used a move but she just barely missed it. 

Get your head together. Britt thought 

Britt got her focus back as she got back in there and fought with ease. She closed her eyes so she couldn't lose it again. People were talking about how she was able to fight without seeing but she was able to keep up with Hal as she could feel his moves coming. People thought it was unfair but then once they came a draw Alec went up and he separated them as he blindfolded both of them. 

"Is she crazy?" Atem said softly 

Still, this was a good test of theirs as they were part of the original group of the rebellion as she turned to face Hal. They knew their fighting stage well as Hal and Britt both fought blind folded making sure not to let up. Mahad was aware there was something clearly different about this as he noticed both of them were using their hecka to figure out where the other was. 

"Interesting." Mahad said as Atem looked at him "What?" Atem asked

"They're both using their hecka to see the other without actually seeing the other." Mahad said 

Atem was surprised wondering if the princess was that advanced in her teaching as she was handling the fight well. When the fight was over it was still a draw but that was why Hal was her 2nd in command. She removed the blind fold and saw her new recruits were all surprised. "Please don't look so surprised, we've been here longer than you all and soon you all will be able to do this." Britt said as she showed respect to Hal before she went to walk away. 

Some of the guys wanted to talk with her but she was quick to move and then she jumped up using water getting in the shadows. People didn't know who she was and that was clever enough. She got where her water clone was and snuck in place as she walked away and went to her chambers. She laid on her bed and fell asleep knowing she was tired after all that and it was just the few weeks. 

She fell asleep for some time that she didn't even hear the knock on her door when someone snuck in. It was only when her hood was moved she was aware of someone in the room and she was quick to move but stopped when she saw Hal. "Sorry, I just can't be too careful." Britt said as Hal nod and he fed her figuring she was fatigued. Britt pouted a bit knowing she didn't like being treated like she was fragile. Something men liked to treat women like but she let him, she still had to figure out everything. 

"Something is on your mind, Britt?" Hal asked as Britt looked at him before she sighed. "My conflicting emotions." Britt said as she looked at him knowing he had no idea. "I have to fight them because if I don't someone will get hurt." Hal seemed to listen but wondered what she was conflicted about. "Care to share, princess?" Hal asked as Britt looked at him knowing she never told any of her potentials about her royal status but then she had made an announcement. "I kinda like a few people but I don't know if it's admiration for how strong they are or if I feel something else." Britt said 

Hal listned as he finished feeding Britt, she wondered what he thought of all that. "You have a duty when this is done to follow through with. Your future is more than decided." Hal said, "Perhaps but what if that is not what I want?" Britt asked as Hal looked at her. "Then I think you should see if that is what you want." Hal said 

When he stood up, she knew she needed to keep things formal but as she was in her thoughts. "Princess." Hal said as she looked up but before she could react he kissed her surprising her as she kissed him back. It was soft and sweet but it didn't make her heart race the way Atem did, but it only made it more conflicted. "You shouldn't worry yourself. Even when this is over, we'll follow you still as your protectors." Hal said as he kissed her forehead then walked away. 

Why did I do that? He makes me feel safe but my heart wasn't in it. Britt thought 

After the week was over Britt was more confused and yet Atem would pull her in the dark and kiss her. She tried resisting but ended up kissing him back as her heart raced in her chest. "You sure you don't want to call this official?" Atem asked in a soft voice as Britt knew she was not the kind to give in. "I am not giving in to you that easily." Britt reminded him then walked away but that feeling of her heart racing in her chest, it'd been there since the time they'd met. It was always him who made it happen. 

Why? Why him? What if we die in this fight together? Britt thought