Start of the Rebellion

Things got tough in Egypt, to the point of people went missing and some were just handed over to those in cloaked hoods. Reports were given back to the royal family. For Aiden, Britt, Bre and Nana who spied on their grandfather to figure out what was going on they had quite the description.

What does a man with a golden eye want with people from our side of Egypt? Why is he going against the Pharaoh's need for an alliance? Britt thought

Aiden called a truths on his sibling rivalry with his sister and they all agreed to sneak out of the palace. They needed to get this all figured out and do their own thing for their kingdom. So that night they all left a note for their parents in their bedroom explaining they would not return until the people of the kingdom were returned or they would be getting revenge for those who were taken.

As the four escaped out of their kingdom with the help of a few guards, they took their horses with them heading out to the village. No one was out but that didn't bother them. Britt hated the fact people were just sitting in fear of someone on their neighboring kingdom to come take another child.

I will not stand for this, I know my betrothed will be unhappy but this is what is best. Britt thought

The group of four were having their horses walk slowly when Oseye got Britt's attention. Britt motioned for her siblings to follow as they were led to an area where a group of men and women had been gathered. Aiden got up by Britt as he noticed the group seeing people were in grey cloaks. Being the eldest he realized they were planning to take matters into their own hands.

"Welcome Britt." Mira said

"Mira, what is going on?" Britt asked
"We're forming a group to stand up against the man with the golden eye." Jabari said

Jabari was one of Britt's friends but on the less fortunate side of her favor. She questioned about it but it seemed like they didn't have much of a say as her friends thought it through. They would need a force of people but most importantly they needed an area to keep the children safe. Aiden led them to a place he knew of where it was a bit rundown but it would still manage well. Everyone was led in and they were able to put the horses inside with them in a stall that was conveniently there.

"Now it's time to decide a leader." Aiden said

"We'll put it to vote and see who gets nominated." Britt said

As the group was looking through things, Britt noticed a red cloak in the group. She recognized that cloak as her cousin as her cousin Hathor put it down. She smirked a bit and she raised her hand to start the nominations.

"I, Fire Princess Hathor nominate Nile Princess Britt to lead this group to victory and the right path. Shall we show Women can lead just as well as men." Hathor said
"Does anyone second this nomination?" Aiden asked
Jabari raised his hand "I second the nomination, we all are in better hands with the Nile Princess." Jabari said

Britt was shocked but she wasn't sure what to say since her cousin nominated her and her admirer to second it. Aiden put a hand on his sisters shoulder and then took her hand putting it up. To show that she was nominated but he smiled knowing that people loved her for her kindness.

"Does anyone else nominate anyone else?" Aidan asked
"I nominate Princess Bre." A male voice said

"I second the nomination" Sadiki said

Aidan raised up my twin sisters hand to show that we were both up for the title of leader of group. Britt looked over at Bre and Bre looked over at Britt knowing there was never a fight between them. Nana knew that her sisters were not prone to violence between each other as they were close together.

"Now what?" Someone asked
"Now my sisters must show their Ka and see who is the most powerful." Aiden said

Jabari went over and got some water as he put a bucket near Britt waiting to see what she'd do. Britt was nervous but both girls put their hands down as they concentrated. Aiden watched as smoke came out of their bodies to show what their soul monsters would be. He never expected his sister beneath him to hold something so powerful.

She holds that which is known to most as rival to the gods. The Goddess of the Nile. Aidan thought

Aidan walked up as he took both his sister's wrists with their eyes closed as the people waited to see which one would win. He raised up Britt's hand to show she would lead them and when the twins opened their eyes and Britt saw her hand was up she was quiet.

"I give you your new Rebel leader, my sister the Nile Princess!" Aidan said

People all cheered that they would be led as they all bowed to her but Jabari walked over putting a black cloak around her arms. He ran somewhere as if he planned for this to happen and came back with gloves that were with fish net but fingerless on top.

"the fish net will make them have to double guess if you are a man or a woman even with your fingers showing." Jabari said

I took them from him as I put them on seeing unless you got really close to my hands they were hard to tell. I was impressed with the fact he thought ahead of such details. Aidan looked at me as he put the hood over my head and then he smiles.

"Now Rebel leader, who will your second be?" Aidan asked

"I don't know." Britt said and looked at the group "those worthy of being my second and guiding me to victory step forward."

Five men stepped forward to be Britt's second, of course Jabari was one of those men. If Britt had not been a betrothed princess she may have considered one of these men for her future. She went by vote of the people as she stood by each of them, Jabari's friends were the only one to vote for him so she sighed. As she stood by the others it became clear that one was more liked than the others.

"May I know your names?" Britt asked "the four of you."

"I'm Alec" Alec said
"I'm Ben" Ben said
"I'm Dante." Dante said
"I'm Hal." Hal said

Britt smiles at these four as it was a hard decision and a very close way to figure out how to do this. She loved the idea that she could maybe intrust this future to someone besides her own friends.

"By majority vote, Hal. Congratulations you are the second in command." Britt said

Jabari was very upset at hearing these words from the girl he admired for years. How dare someone else claim what should have been his but no matter. He would find other ways around it and he knew for now he would just present the gloves he had for her. Britt noticed the gloves were done up in fishnet with the finger part cut out. She took them and put them on.