Heartbeat

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Previously: Eren sees his Titan-self in action for the first time. Levi tells him martial arts will play a big part in his training. Erwin, Hange, and Levi have a talk about Mikasa, Levi, and Kenny.

|~|

"In the year 850, the Giant Turd reappeared, demolished another Wall, yadder yadder yadder, Titans got in, ate people—why do I even bother? It's not like you don't already know this."

"So tell us something we don't already know," Levi huffed.

Mikasa hoped Candy would strike him down with lightning for being so disrespectful. It would serve the pipsqueak right. She smirked.

"B-But the place is swarming with Titans! You can't possibly carry someone while jumping!"

"Let's go!" Connie grabbed Armin.

No… Please don't… Armin watched them run. I'll only…I'll only get more of my friends killed! Behind them, the Rogue Titan roared. And an idea came to him. "Wait!" He snatched his arm back. "Listen, I have a suggestion!"

So, he came up with the idea to use the Rogue Titan right on the spot and it ended up saving their lives. Erwin studied him. That out-of-the-box style of thinking is a great asset. He has much potential.

"A suggestion?" Connie said.

"Only you two can do it, so I leave the choice to you. I know it sounds crazy, but could we use that Titan to our advantage?" Armin proposed.

"That Titan?"

"It attacks other Titans and doesn't show any interest in us. So I'm wondering if we could lead it to the supply building. If it takes out the other Titans for us, we just might all survive!" Armin explained.

"And we did," Jean said, "all thanks to you."

"And Eren," Sasha added.

"Lead it?" Connie gaped. "How do you hope to lead that thing?"

"My guess is it's fighting on instinct. If you two take out the Titans around it, it'll go and look for other Titans. That'll naturally lead it toward Headquarters."

Which makes you wonder, Petra thought, why didn't it go there immediately after he transformed? Surely after it had killed all the Titans in the vicinity, it would have headed for HQ. The building was crawling with Titans and on a hilly area, making it visible from a distance. Maybe I'm overthinking this and it simply went after those that were the closest.

"So we should risk our necks for some hopeful guess?" Connie demanded.

"But if it works, we could eliminate all the Titans attacking HQ in one fell swoop!" Armin argued.

The will to make an executive decision, he's definitely someone to keep an eye out for. Erwin thought.

"It seems worth trying," Mikasa finally put in.