No Regrets Part I

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Previously: The group is shocked by the Titan in the Wall. Some begin to think more about their situation and better understand Annie's. They decide they will definitely come back for season 2.

|~|

The group took a minute after Erwin's declaration to take deep breaths and calm themselves. They doubted they'd need to pay as much attention to the extra episodes but it was still intriguing and they didn't want to miss out on anything.

"Hey, quick message. You will be watching the extra episodes focusing on some of the other people in the room. You have the option to skip but these first two episodes will be un-skippable because fair's fair."

"What does that mean?" Sasha wondered.

Christa's heart lurched. She really hoped it wasn't what she was thinking. I'm not that important. There hadn't really been much screen time with her as there had been with the rest of the 104th crew. Surely the TV wouldn't play out her past. A feeling of dread began welling up. She really didn't want to relive that and she especially didn't want it revealed to everyone else.

"The last time Candy declared an episode un-skippable it was..." Armin trailed off, looking at Mikasa, her face closed-off at the reminder.

"And it was fucking unnecessary," Eren glared accusingly at the TV.

"We could be watching someone's personal life experience again," Petra agreed.

Suddenly, everyone paled thinking about their worst or most humiliating memories and hoped fervently Candy wouldn't show them to everyone.

Soft, easygoing music played as the shot opened to a blue sky. A bird flew by over a beautiful city, losing a white feather which floated gently down toward the ground.

"That's Sina," Hange observed curiously. "Mitras, if I'm not mistaken."

The feather landed on a small gutter drain on the side of the street.

The commander glanced at Levi and noted the somewhat uneasy expression on the short man's face.

It slipped through the space between the bars and continued to float down. This time it came down from the dark and brown rocky ceiling instead of the light-filled and blue beautiful sky, to the city below.

Levi's breath caught up in his throat.

"Is that the Underground city?" Armin leaned forward in interest.

"I've heard of that place," Jean said. "The city below the capital. It's the safest place from the Titans, behind the three—two—Walls and under the ground. But most of it is also overrun with criminals and vagrants. The cesspool of Mitras." A thought occurred to him. Come to think of it, isn't Corporal Levi from there?

Christa shuddered. "Living barely seeing the sun, that's awful." While she may not have had the ideal childhood, at least there was always food on the table and the warm sun on her skin and the fresh, clean air to breathe. She was immensely happy the episode wouldn't be focused on her.

Levi's not gonna be happy about this. Erwin thought. Candy must've known he'd try to skip and made it impossible beforehand, taking the option away from them. I can see why she would. Levi was a private person, but they'd watched so many of the others' deep, personal thoughts and experiences.