Wound

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this Story.

Previously: Hange figures out there is civilization outside the walls, shocking everyone. The group doesn't believe they're friendly.

|~|

"Over ten episodes have passed and you're an idiot if you haven't figured it out already, it all started year 845, when the Colossal Douchebag appeared along with the Armored Asshole and destroyed Wall Maria, wiping out a fifth of humanity."

"I think Candy's as annoyed narrating this part as we are hearing it," Petra giggled.

"Don't know why she doesn't just skip it," Jean said.

"I've been binging for hours, fool. You really think I need to hear it every twenty or so minutes? Who writes this crap?"

I'd assume you did. Christa thought, confused.

"Anyway, let me recap it my way really quick," Candy cleared her throat. "Shit happened, people died, Eren got eaten, and Armin cried."

Jean snorted.

"Then Eren flew into a rage, and transformed into a Titan, that took up an entire manga page…and now he has to seal the wall? Hm, gotta work on that."

"The change in rhythm me threw off for a second," Ymir said.

"It was still good," Sasha shrugged.

Groups of soldiers were gathered together on the wall at each cannon station, peering down at the sea of Titans.

"We've successfully managed to gather most of the Titans into the corner of the city," Gustav spoke, "yet, despite avoiding combat as much as possible, around 20% of our soldiers have been lost."

The injured soldiers lay on the wall, clutching their wounds.

"No," Pixis said, "they were not 'lost.' The soldiers did not die of their own accord. I ordered them to their deaths." He stopped and looked out at the destroyed city overrun by Titans, smoke rising from several places. "Humanity is now perched on the brink of extinction. If it means ensuring humankind's survival, I'm willing to go down in history as a butcher."

"Nah I'm pretty sure they'll remember you as the cold-hearted bastard that sent people to their deaths without any consideration for them. Because the end justifies the means, right? As long as humanity survived, it didn't matter how many humans died."

"What a waste," Levi muttered. "So many unnecessary deaths..."

"Humanity's not at the edge of extinction," Petra sighed.

"We didn't know that," Eren said.

"And they want us all dead," Christa's eyes were downcast as Ymir watched her quietly.

"It's pretty discouraging," Sasha's shoulders slumped.

"We'll survive," Erwin said. "As we have for the past century."

"And don't forget," Hange smiled encouragingly, "we have Candy on our side!" That cheered them up some.

Candy sighed. "Well, I'm not in your position so I can't really judge."