Control

Stuck in the endless feeling of nothing, no track of time, it could've been just hours it could of been weeks. I had no idea. But still I kept seeing him. His cheeky smirk. His frustration when I didn't answer, his long black hair. I thought nothing would change, that I would be stuck in this oblivion endlessly, until I heard voices, a specific voice. It was soft and loving, calm and caring. A voice I'd I never thought I'd hear again, a voice so beautiful I would've done anything just to hear it. My mum's voice. 

'It's time, y/n. You can't stay like this.' when she spoke I wanted more than anything to run towards the voice to be reunited with the one I'd missed so much. And then she spoke in a light and airy tone 'you know a wise old baboon told me that the past can hurt but the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it.' she said in a wise tone quoting Rafiki my favourite Disney character. Then her tone changed and she was serious and worried 'Hunny, please!' I wanted to reach out, to comfort her to help her. 'Please don't give up! I love you, your so strong, you WILL make it out of this, Please, Please!' Then I saw a small white hole, shining light into the endless oblivion, slowly widening, I gasped aloud and there in front of me, Thor was sat watching me intently. 

'Mum!' I yelled. Thor looked at me more bewildered than ever, then everything came rushing back; Loki, collapsing, Thor's eyes catching mine. I reached over to warn them about Loki but Thor's hands gripped my wrists and held me back. 'Thor, please let go of me I have to warn them.' I gasped between breaths. He took hold of my shoulders planting me in the spot 'y/n, y/n. It's ok. I've warned them, they've been preparing for a while now.' I looked at him shocked only half aware of the electricity pulsing through my veins, as a reaction to his touch. 'For a while? How long have I been out for?' He watched my expression, assessing whether or not to tell me, so I kept a calm face 'You've been out for 4 days y/n.' 4 days. Everything could've changed in those 4 days. Waves of panic washed over me, I felt myself begin to hyperventilate. I spun around to face the wall, I didn't want to be seen like this; vulnerable and weak. 

Energy began pulsing through me, heat coursing through my veins, sparks flickering at my finger tips. Then my hands began to cool, whilst flames lit on top of them. I spun around no longer in control of my arms. Thor looked at me panic spreading across his face. 'Thor. Help me! I can't control it. This isn't me. What's happening?!' I'd only ever lost control of my powers once and we both knew what had happened last time. I ran out of the door through the compound to the roof, for fear of hurting my new family. 

Gasping, trying to fill my lungs with fresh air, I stood still on the roof whilst the world spun around me. I drew in deep breaths trying to hum my mums lullaby in my head. Suddenly the energy washed over me again but stronger, harder and a lot more painful, I didn't know what to do, I wanted to let go, let it all loose, but I knew the dire consequences that could have, but I couldn't hold on for much longer so I let go and I watched as an bird soared in front of me, blazing through the sky, but the bird was glowing flames flowing off it as it flew back towards me. It slowed to a stop in front of me allowing to get a proper look at the bird, its tail of feathers swishing behind I realised that it was a phoenix. But it wasn't just a phoenix. This phoenix was on fire, I waited for it burst and regenerate but it never did instead it pecked it short beak at my nose, staring deeply into my eyes, I waited for my skin to blaze, to ignite but instead my hands cooled at its touch. I stared in awe at the affect this bird was having on me. It fluttered up in air then landed on my shoulder perching there like a guardian watching over me. 

'She's beautiful.' I spun round only to be meet by Thor's blue eyes. Keeping my composure I asked, 'How can you tell it's a she?' he looked at me inquisitively 'Well she has longer tail feathers, although I would've thought you to have known your pets gender.' I stared in confusion 'She's not mine, she just came from me.' He watched me clearly not understanding 'She came from you? Are you suggesting you gave birth to a bird?' I rolled my eyes at his lack of understanding, 'No, I'm not.' he stepped closer to me, I tried to ignore the fact that there was only 1 metre between us. 'Well then what are you suggesting?' he said again drawing another step closer, closing the gap between us, I gazed into his aquatic eyes, my heart racing. 'I'm suggesting that Sparks is made of my powers, that's why she's made of flames.' The wind picked up, blowing my long hair across my face. Reaching up with one hand he tucked my hair behind my ear, leaving a trail of fire tingling across my cheek, my breathing quickened and I gazed deeper into his eyes 'Sparks? Beautiful name, don't you think?' he whispered, barely able to breathe I whispered back not breaking the gaze 'Beautiful name, for a beautiful bird.' Thunder rumbled around us and the heavens opened, rain beginning to pour down on us.

When the rain picked up I felt Sparks melt back into me and I was so shocked I broke our gaze and stared blankly at my shoulder looking for some indication of where she went. 'Well you didn't expect her to hang around did you?' I looked back him, he was clearly amused by my lack of knowledge and a smile spread across his face, a smile so beautiful it shone like a beacon of light in a dark night, radiant like the sun. I burst into laughter amazed at the fact that he could smile. 

He looked at me as I laughed 'What's so funny?' I burst into hysterics 'You can actually smile!' I exclaimed, whilst Thor stared at me. 

Heavy raindrops fell soaking my hair and I finally realised it was raining and so did Thor by the look of it 'Quick! Come inside, your going to catch a cold.' I jumped in the rain 'So what?' I grabbed his hands and ran into the middle of the roof spinning around in the rain and shaking my hair while he looked at me grinning and laughing at my silliness.