Tables turn

Singing in mine and Thor's room to my favourite song, I jumped off my bed and went downstairs looking for food. Dancing down the stairs, I sang all the way through stopping in front of the fridge to sing my favourite part, 

Oh dear diary, I met a boy

He made my doll heart 

Light up with joy

Oh dear diary, we fell apart 

Welcome to the life of

Electra heart 

After grabbing some Pop Tarts and putting them in the toaster, I spun around and stopped mid-dance, my hairbrush still held up to my mouth as a microphone. When everyone sat in front of me, burst into applause, after returning back to a normal stance, and flushing bright red, I curtseyed and ran back to my room, not caring about my pop tarts. When I heard Thor call 'I'll just have these pop tarts then.' I giggled to myself. After finally, not dying of embarrassment I calmly went back downstairs, only to be met with very mixed expressions, some laughing faces, some smiling and one worried face but it was that one worried face that met my eyes first, and it was that one worried face that had all of my attention. 

Thor's eyes locked with mine and in that moment i knew something had gone drastically wrong, my pulse sped up and sweat prickled on my forehead, my breathing quickened and Thor noticing the symptoms rushed to my side and helped me out of the room. 

After a few minutes to breathe, I searched his eyes 'What's going on?' he looked at me 'It's Loki. We've received news of a hostage situation, he wants you in exchange for the hostages, we have 24 hours to hand you over or he starts killing them one by one' fear threatened to take over, Thor placed his hand on my arm protectively 'As long as I am alive, no harm shall ever befall you Lady Y/n.' and something about the way he said it assured me that none ever would which is why I made the decision. 'We must save the hostages, Thor. Whatever it takes.' he looked at me grimly and so I re-entered the room and addressed everyone. 

'We need to save the hostages. They're innocent people. Me? Not so much.' Nat interrupted me 'y/n. we're not handing you over to him. No chance.' I smiled at her, grateful for her protection. 'Thank you Nat but I don't plan to hand myself over to him either.' Everyone looked at me questioningly 'Well ... what's the plan then?' Steve asked questioningly. 

....

Sat in the Quinjet, my thoughts threatened me but I knew I couldn't let my emotions get in the way of my mission, so I breathed deeply and exhaled releasing all my troubled thoughts with the breath. Tony had provided me with a suit, but I had to cover it with everyday clothes to make it seem as though I had handed myself over, my hair was tied into a messy bun on my head, as we reached the site Loki had stated when he had contacted the avengers. We landed and the other Avengers tool their allocated spaces as I entered the abandoned building, my footsteps echoed off the wall announcing my arrival to all around me, my heart beat against my rib cage but I knew what I needed to do and I wouldn't leave those hostages. 

'Well, well, well. if it isn't the Angel herself.' He strutted in behind me, a glistening gold crown adorned his head, with 2 spikes on top. Dressed in green and gold, like a walking Pinterest, he strode around me, taking me in. Goosebumps settled on my exposed arms, his presence sending shivers down my spine. Clearing my throat, I spoke not expecting to make any sound 'Let the hostages go. Loki.' he inched towards me, towering over me, so I straightened my back and withdrew myself to my full height, 'I like the sound of my name on your lips, princess.' he whispered in my ear. 'I do not have time for your games Loki, free them, they're innocent.' I spoke confidently and stalling giving them to find the hostages. 'Gods, my brothers rubbing off , on you is he not? Do I look to be in a gaming mood?, but nevermind  what I would like to know is are they really innocent?' 

My expression betrayed my confusion, 'What are you saying?' he smirked amused by my confusion. 'I hardly believe anybody is innocent, not even you. Yes Y/n. I have also done my research, I know all of your murders, of how you killed your family, took up jobs as an assassin to survive, how you murdered ruthlessly for years upon end and never looked back.' I froze knowing the Avengers where currently listening to every word he was saying, believing him not understanding the full story, why I committed those murders? Why I didn't stop? Why I took up the job as an assassin? 'Stop playing and let them go, Loki!' 

He lunged forward, and clasped onto my head, sending visions through my mind, flashes of mangled bodies, pools of blood, and rotting corpses, until I felt Loki being tore off of me and saw a red haired woman, Nat, jump onto him and inject him with something and heard Tony's voice cold in my ear, 'Hostages clear, everyone back to the Quinjet, Including you Y/n.'