09

From the rich brown earthen hues of the forest ground to the sweetness of the blue-white sky, the forest bloomed like a flora wonderland

From the rich brown earthen hues of the forest ground to the sweetness of the blue-white sky, the forest bloomed like a flora wonderland. Upon the forest floor so woven with ancient tree roots came a light filtered by the bouquet of foliage above: softened, verdant and freshly aromatic.

The blossom opens as if each flower was a book— a book that was more sculpted than written, the ink infusing into the petals to give them their soft glow. It is a tale of eons passed, of the loving care of the soils, the rain and the sun, a tale of the insects, the soil bacteria and fungi.

And yet, for all of that, it is a great love story told in its silent way, the brain reading such volumes in an instant of intuition, a fraction of a beautiful moment.

The lovers strolled on the white blossoms like moonlight woven into petal-silk. The champagne blush, like the cheeks of theirs. The sweet scent of the nurturing spring blossoms reminded him of the princess's alluring scent; an instinct that resides in his chest.

"How romantic," Prince Jeno strolled beside the princess whom he identified as his lover, "I might really fall in love with you." He gazed at her in awe, how her stygian hair contradicted with the soft backdrop. Her nicely suited attire looks especially refreshing, so did her stance and walk. To him, everything about her would come as a source of amusement.

"Will you?" Seri chuckled— a mischievous tone, as though she was teasing him of his endeavours. A pair of silken rosy petals fell on his hair— what a pretty flower boy. For a second, the atmosphere had turned so pure, their initial aim was nearly entirely pretermitted. With thoughts of intimacy that crowded their minds, their visions blurred.

Interrupting the sweet moment they shared, sounds of growling echoed throughout the forest— signalling the arrival of a deadly beast. The birds squeaked in cowardice as they fluttered away in a group.

A monstrous beast stood 20 feet tall and proud, towering over the two of them. "Be careful, princess." Jeno instinctively shielded her from the beast, he wielded his glorious sword, the mythological heroic sword was renowned as it was the very sword he held to war. Conquering the most esteemed kingdom at that time, he was young but exceedingly skilled— gaining him the title of 'black prince' in due to his prominent black armour and hair, his eyes as dark as a black rose.

Strikingly similar to Seri's title— 'The black rose' of the high society. The couple was known for their exceeding capabilities and their mind that is cruel and intelligent. They both stood out in terms of their wits and competency however, the society praised him for his shrewdness and expertise whilst her for her appearance.

Feminism didn't exist. They were of different grounds, despite all of her achievements, they only cared about how she had the quintessential face and the perfect body. How her body curved ideally, how her hair was silky smooth, her face flawless— the only thoughts that would occur in the high society.

Nevertheless, it is an undeniable fact that she was the the most sharp-witted individual. The black prince could be the most outstanding in his physical expertise, he too is good at playing with the minds and strategy, but he isn't anywhere near her standard. It was no wonder why the nobility got so worked up every time there was news about the illustrious couple.

"I can protect myself." She shoved him to the side, duel-wielding her daggers, she strikes at the beast's neck. The only way to fully-execute a beast of such mythology would only be by slitting of its neck to prevent it from regenerating.

The beast growled, exasperated, it wanted her to feel its wrath. The beast grabbed her in its hands as though it were catching a fly, the size difference was enormous, it was no wonder she would get caught. Using her dagger, she clawed its palm, locating his arm muscles and slitting them apart to release herself from its grip.

She analysed that whatever she did, she wouldn't be able to take down that beast with just her daggers. She dashed to the trees around, slashing them in one go. The dagger of course wasn't of normality, it was enhanced and sharpened till its maximum capabilities— magicians were bought to cast spells on them.

The trees collapsed directly at the beast making it yelp and struggle, the trees that she had strategically cut, collapsed on all of its limbs making it completely imprisoned. She lacerated its throat, disconnecting its head from the rest of its body. The black blood of monstrous creature came rushing out likely to a waterfall.

A whistle came up behind her, followed by the sound of clapping. "Well done, my princess." Prince Jeno walked up behind her giving her an embrace. His arms snaked around her delicate waist, placing his head on her shoulder, sneaking a kiss on her cheek.

"Who needs your praise." She scoffed, pointing the dagger at his forehead. At the same instance, his wintry blade slid to her throat. There they stood, with the everlasting tension between them, they both held each other's life on a line.

Such tension would eventually suffocate them.