10

The students came running up to them.
"Are you okay Mr. Styles?"

"What can we do?"

"Do you want me to call an ambulance?"

"I'm okay guys! I just hurt my foot. I'm sorry that we have to cut this short." Harry answered.

"Don't worry about that Harry. Right?" Louis said and looked around at the students who immediately reassured them that they didn't mind.

They began their way back. Harry leaned heavily on Louis, limping badly. It took them double the time to get back to their tents and Louis helped Harry to sit down and ran to get the first aid box. In the meantime, Harry instructed the students how to make a fire, concerned that they must be hungry.

While they got the fire started Louis came back with the first aid kit. He kneeled in front of Harry and carefully removed his shoe.
"Lydia? Can you be a sweetheart and bring that cooler over here? There are sausages inside." Harry said, looking over Louis's shoulder.

"Hey champ, focus. They're okay. They can wait a minute. Let's examine this foot." Louis said and Harry focused on him instead, finding himself getting lost in Louis's ocean blue eyes.

He snapped back to reality when Louis held his foot and circled it around. He let out a painful grunt.
"Sorry. I'm no expert but I had my share of accidents while I played football. I think it's just a sprained ankle but you need to go see a doctor when we get home. Okay?" Louis said while he fetched a bandage. He removed the sock and Harry hoped his foot wasn't that smelly.

"Harry?"

"Oh, yeah, of course. Thanks, Lou." Harry answered.

Louis smiled.
"So you have given me a nickname?"

"I guess I have. If you don't like it I don't..." Harry replied but Louis cut him off.

"I like it Harry, Hazza, Haz."

"Harry, Hazza, Haz?" Harry chuckled.

"I'm trying to come up with a nickname too!" Louis grinned while he rolled the bandage around Harry's foot.

He got up from the ground as soon as he was done and Harry tried to stand up as well. Louis put a hand on his shoulder and pushed him down gently.
"You stay where you are."

"But I have to fix lunch." Harry protested.

Louis shook his head.
"I'll help them out. Here, take a painkiller."

Harry took the pill that was offered to him and swallowed it with a dip of water. The students had managed to get a fire started and they were sitting around the fire pit grilling sausages and chatting to each other. Louis handed out soft drinks and made sure that everyone had one before he gave one to Harry as well and proceeded to pack up buns, ketchup, and mustard. He put a sausage on a spear for Harry before he took a seat next to him and they grilled their sausages.

After they had all eaten Louis made sure that they didn't leave any garbage behind and put the fire out.
"Take down your tents and pack your bags." He instructed.

Once again Harry made an effort to get up but Louis wouldn't have it.
"Sit still. I'll take care of our things."

An hour later everything was packed and put on the bus. Harry stood up and tried to limp his way over to the parking lot but Louis rushed over and swooped him off his feet, carrying him bridal style.
"Louis! Put me down! I can walk!" Harry giggled.

"Stop being so stubborn. I'm gonna carry you." Louis chuckled.

"I'm heavy!" Harry protested with pink cheeks.

"No, you're not." Louis grinned and began to walk towards the bus with Harry in his arms.

He sat him down as soon as they came inside the bus and made sure to count all the students before he got behind the wheels and drove them home.

After they had returned to the school and the students had been picked up by their parents Louis went to get his car. Harry thought that he was driving him home but Louis went in another direction.
"Where are we going?" Harry asked in confusion.

"I'm taking you to the ER. You're gonna get that foot checked out before I take you home." Louis answered.

"I'm sure it's fine Lou. You don't have to do that." Harry protested.

"What if it's broken? We're going this, otherwise, I won't be able to sleep tonight. Humor me." Louis said.

"Fine." Harry agreed, secretly loving how caring Louis was.

They spent four hours at the ER and a doctor confirmed that it was a sprained ankle. Louis drove Harry home afterward and helped him inside.
"Are you gonna be okay by yourself?" He asked in concern.

"Of course. I can jump on one foot. I'm sure you have better things to do Louis. Thank you for everything." Harry smiled.

"Not really. I can keep you company if you want to? We could order in and maybe watch a movie or something?" Louis suggested.

"Yeah? That would be great!" Harry smiled, excited to spend time with Louis just the two of them, nervous to spend time with Louis just the two of them.

"So what do you want to eat?" Louis asked and sat down on the sofa.

"Mexican?" Harry suggested.

"I love Mexican." Louis smiled and Harry made a mental note of what to make if he ever got the chance to cook for Louis one day.

Harry called in their order and then they decided on a movie. Louis paid the delivery guy twenty minutes later and they started to eat while they continued to watch the hangover movies. Harry spurted coke out of his nose when one of the characters woke up with a face tattoo.
"Oh God, I thought my tattoos were a spur of the moment thing. I'm glad I haven't done something like that." He cackled.

"I got a penguin on my ass once when I was really fucking drunk. I'm glad I didn't put it on my face at least." Louis laughed.

"A penguin? Show me!" Harry asked and laughed even harder.

Louis rolled his eyes but he stood up and turned his back to Harry and pulled his pants down enough to show off the tattoo. Harry laughed so hard he cried and that was the theme for the rest of the night. They told each other stupid, embarrassing stuff and they laughed until 3 A.M. when Louis finally went home. Harry went to bed with a happy smile. It had been one of the best nights he had in ages.

Louis tried to analyze the evening on his way home. They talked and they laughed but Harry kept his distance. He hadn't sat close to him on the couch or leaned towards him. Maybe Harry wasn't interested in him as in more than friends?