12

The waiter returned with their menus and they flipped it through, looking for something to eat.
"This is quite fancy. I can't let Niall pay for this!" Harry said and bit his lower lip.

"Sure you can. He tricked us, but he can pay for the main course. I'll pay for starters and dessert." Louis smiled.

"Only if I can pay for the drinks." Harry said.

"Deal! So...what's the most expensive bottle of champagne? Let's see..." Louis said and Harry gulped.

Louis looked up with a smirk.
"I'm just kidding."

Harry giggled and rolled his eyes playfully.
"How about a mushroom Velouté for starters? Truffle foam, Shiitake dust, truffled Croque monsieur, and octomore 11.3 Islay whisky."

"I hate mushrooms but you eat that. I'm gonna go with the Lobster Bisque." Louis decided.

"Sounds nice. So one down, two to go. Yorkshire beef cheek?" Harry said.

"Yeah, I want that as well. Dessert?" Louis asked.

"Brandy Alexander." Harry suggested.

"I'll take the Rum Baba." Louis said.

"There's sure a lot of alcohol in these dishes. I better take a cab home." Harry chuckled.

"Not much alcohol left after it's been cooked but me too. So, drinks?" Louis smiled.

The waiter came over and they placed their orders. They ordered cocktails while they waited for their starters to arrive. Louis raised his glass.
"For a first great date!"

"And for Niall!" Harry grinned.

"Yeah, okay, a toast for that sneaky little bastard." Louis chuckled and took a sip from his cocktail.

"Imagine how embarrassing this could have been if one of us just walked out when we realized what Niall was up to." Harry said.

"I would never embarrass you like that Haz." Louis said softly.

"Me neither! But imagine how awkward it would have been then if one of us really didn't want to be here." Harry continued.

"Is this your way of telling me that you don't want to be here?" Louis asked, sounding unsure.

"What? No! Of course not, Lou. I'm happy to be here. Honestly. It's just my insecurities talking." Harry said.

"You have nothing to be insecure about. You're wonderful, inside and out." Louis said fondly.

"Oh? Thanks. I'm just a bit shy around you. I can't believe I'm telling you this but I kind of had a huge crush on you in high school." Harry admitted with pink cheeks.

"On me? Why? I mean, you don't have to tell me that. I'm just a little surprised, that's all." Louis answered.

"Why so surprised? You're gorgeous." Harry smiled.

"Ehm, thanks." Louis said and blushed.

"You probably don't remember this but you stood up for me back in high school. A couple of your teammates were bullying me one day because I'm gay and you told them off. They stopped after that. That made me crush on you." Harry smiled shyly.

"I remember. That was one of the reasons I never had the courage to come out myself, hearing how closed-minded they were." Louis sighed.

"Thank you for making it a little easier for me at least." Harry said sincerely and reach out and put his hand over Louis's.

Louis looked emotional but the waiter interrupted their moment when he came over with their starters. Harry removed his hand and they dug in on the food.
"Oh, my God! This is amazing. You have to try it." Harry said and put some food on his fork and put it in front of Louis's mouth. Louis hesitated but he opened his mouth and let Harry feed him. He made a face.
"Still mushrooms. No, but you should try this." He said and fed Harry some of his food.

"Delicious." Harry smiled after he tasted it.

Louis told a hilarious drunk story where he ended up at the ER after he tried to dance on a stripper pole and Harry laughed so much that he cried. The waiter brought over their main course just as Louis finished his anecdote.

They tasted the food and it was wonderful. They had ordered a bottle of wine as well after the waiter recommended one that would go with the dish.

They continued to talk while they ate and they had a great dinner together. They tried each other's desserts as well, feeding each other and they were both tipsy when they were done eating. Harry leaned back on his chair and gazed at Louis.
"I'm glad Niall set us up like this. I would never have asked you out myself even if I wanted to."

"Why not?" Louis questioned.

Harry shrugged his shoulders.
"You make me shy."

"That's cute but it also made me think that you weren't interested in me so I wouldn't have asked you out as well. I guess we have to thank Niall after all. I had a great time tonight. I hope we can do it again soon?" Louis smiled.

"I would love to." Harry beamed.

They asked for the check and Harry paid for the drinks and Louis paid for the starters and the dessert.
"How is Niall suppose to pay for the rest?" Louis asked the waiter.

"That will be taken care of." The waiter replied.

"Well okay then. Share a cab?" Louis asked Harry.

"Yeah." Harry agreed and giggled.

They left the restaurant together and Louis called for a taxi. It arrived five minutes later and they both got in the back seat. Harry gave the driver his address and spent the ride talking to Louis. When they arrived at his apartment building he paid the driver and looked over at Louis.
"Thanks for a lovely date."

"'I'll walk you to the door." Louis replied and Harry's stomach fluttered.
"I'll just be a minute. Keep the meter running." Louis addressed the cab driver before he got out and held the door open for Harry.

They walked up to the door in silence. Harry stopped as soon as they reached it and turned to look at Louis.
"So..."

"Can I give you a good night kiss?" Louis asked and took a step closer.

Harry nodded his head and gulped. Louis Tomlinson wanted to kiss him! He felt nervous all of a sudden and wet his lips. Louis just smiled at him and came even closer. He cupped his cheek with one hand and held his hip with the other. Harry closed his eyes as soon as Louis started to lean in, and then he felt Louis's soft lips against his own. He let out a small gasp and snuck his arms around him.

At first, they just moved their lips against each other slowly but then Louis licked Harry's lower lip to ask for access and Harry opened his mouth to the kiss. All the hair at the back of his neck stood up when they deepened the kiss and he could feel Louis's tongue against his own.

Louis pushed him against the door and let out a low moan that made wonders for the erection. Harry whimpered and buried his hand in Louis's hair. When they finally broke the kiss they were both breathing heavy. Harry opened his eyes to look at the beautiful man in front of him, gulping when he saw that Louis's pupils were blown, knowing that his own looked the same.
"Wow." Was all he managed to get out.

Louis smiled and kissed the top of his nose before he took a step back.
"Indeed. Sweet dreams Harry."

With that, he turned around and walked back to the cab. Harry watched him leave before he went inside.