connor mcdavid imagine

He could've been three years old today

A three-year-old by your side every single day but everything broke down when you found out that you had a miscarriage.

You remembered that you sobbed for weeks and weeks, thinking about the baby who wasn't born yet and how it even happened unexpectedly.

He was supposed to be your first baby out of the world with the sweetest, handsome man caring care of you whenever as who you used to call your baby daddy-slash-boyfriend.

He was so damn happy. So happy that he was about to be a dad. A perfect dad, anyone could ask for. But it fucked everything up when you two broke up.

"Connor?" You yelled from upstairs, waiting for a response. In your hand, you were holding the pregnancy test and were about to tell him. You couldn't wait.

Waiting for a response, it was nothing so you headed downstairs and tried to look for him before he looked over his shoulder in the kitchen. "What's up?" He said.

You smiled and walked over to him, gently grabbing his hand, making him furrow his brows slightly.

"Is everything ok?" He deepened the frown and asked, following you to whatever you were taking him. Once you pulled him to sit on the couch, you let out a quiet yet deep exhale and slowly opened your palm, stretching the lines that you kept tightly.

"I'm pregnant." You announced and he widened his eyes once he glanced at the stick and grabbed it in his hand. Dragging his eyes between you and the pregnancy test, he parted his lips in shock and stuttered out.

Slowly, he curved the corner of his mouth as he smiled, proudly. "Are you serious?" He said and you nodded your head in excitement, smiling.

"It's happening." You responded. He quickly stood up and engulfed you into a tight hug as if he didn't want to let go of you. You let out a soft chuckle and held him as tight as you could, feeling the brim of your eyes forming tears quickly.

"I can't believe this." He whispered to your ear and placed his hand on the back of your head gently. "I'm gonna be a dad."

You giggled. "I know, baby. We're gonna have a baby. Together." He excitedly nodded his head and grinned like an idiot before cupping your cheeks, kissing you passionately.

You couldn't wait. This is too enjoyable.

When you found out that you had a heartbreaking miscarriage after, it led to a messy breakup where you two ended up hurting yourselves just because of a baby who wasn't even born yet. Not only that but you two lost each other.

Instead of solving it together, it became so shit about the fact that you and Connor had to face your worst nightmares. And that was losing your baby.

Everything was going fine. Perfectly fine that you still remember when you told Connor the exciting news. It was the best day. Yet, you promised that you will never forget it.