Chapter 1

~ Grimmjow ~
The entire class stopped in dead silence when, over our usual rowdiness, the teacher announced words we hadn't heard in so long, they sounded foreign.

"We have a new student."

Mr.Urahara smiled at the open door and we all leaned forward in our desks to try and see what this person looked like.

Just moments later, a cute, 5'9" male with outrageously orange hair stepped into the room with a shy smile on his face.

"Ladies and...disgraces to the word gentlemen, this is Ichigo Kurosaki. Welcome to our class." Urahara greeted kindly and Ichigo nodded politely.

"Thank you, Ki-um..Mr. Urahara."

"Will you tell the class a bit about yourself?"

"Of course." The new kid turned to smile at the class, his eyes flitting around the room. I could tell there was something strange about the way he looked at everyone's faces through his glasses, but I brushed it off, listening intently as the red-head spoke.

"Hello. I am Ichigo Kurosaki. Yes, this is my natural hair color. If I cared, I would have dyed it black a long time ago. I play violin, piano, and electric guitar. My Dad and younger sisters died in a car crash a while back, so I moved here to live with my uncle. My family and I didn't have a very good relationship, so it doesn't bother me much. Um...I like Shakespeare and chocolate and my favorite thing to do is take walks in the park with my music in." Ichigo suddenly went wide-eyed and blushed a bit. "Sorry...I'm a rambler.." He apologized sheepishly.

"It's quite alright, Mr. Kurosaki. Now, please take your seat next to Mr. Jeagerjaques." Mr. Urahara told Ichigo, pointing to me. I grinned easily and slouched in my seat, as though I hadn't been mesmerized moments earlier.
"Grimmjow, please introduce yourself." Urahara told me and I stood up, still grinning.

"Hi, I'm Grimmjow Jeagerjaques. I'll be your new seating partner. Nice to meet you." I greeted, watching as the kid made his way through the desks, running his right hand over the end of every one he passed before stopping as soon as I quit speaking.

"How tall are you, Grimmjow?" Ichigo asked me, looking at me. He had that funny look again and it made me wonder what it was about.

"I'm...six foot, on the dot...why?" I tell him suspiciously, holding out a hand as he came closer.

Ichigo smiled winningly at me, clasping my hand in his for a firm handshake.

He let go and put his foot out, carefully connecting with the chair and pulled the chair forward a bit before plopping into it. Mr. Urahara was watching him worriedly, but as soon as he sat down, Urahara turned to the board and started writing things down about how the mind works and how some emotional states caused other problems.

Finally, almost two hours later, psychology ended and it was time for gym.

"So what do you think of the new kid?" Nnoitra Jiruga asked me and I grinned.

"He's damn cute, that's what I think. But there's somethin' weird about him, I can tell." I trailed off as I frowned.

"Mr. Kurosaki. May I see you?" Urahara called and the red-head silently nodded, leaving his things on his desk as everyone else hurried out.

I gave Nnoitra the go-ahead and stayed behind - Urahara didn't sound happy with the new kid.