Chapter 20

~ Ichigo ~

Grimmjow was sulking. It was more than likely because he'd gotten all of two minutes of alone time with me (and that was only the few minutes we were awake that morning before Rangiku), and Orihime had taken me over for the rest of the afternoon.

For all it was worth, my day hadn't been much better either.

Rangiku had forced me into so many clothes, bought me so many clothes, new shoes, cake and sweets for Yachiru - hell, Rangiku even stuffed Grimmjow into a few things.

Then, as soon as we got back, our arms laden with bags, Orihime took mine, set them to the side, and grabbed me to drag me to the lake, where she proceeded to keep me for three hours.

What she didn't seem to understand was that I needed Grimmjow in the water if she wasn't going to be the one to help me with my directions.

Sometimes, it was quite obvious that she forgot I was blind, or that she tried to ignore it by acting as though I wasn't, and it eventually started to tremendously piss me off.

"Orihime, stop. that." I finally growled at her. "Stop splashing at me and swimming around me and trying to get me to 'play.' I really don't mean to be harsh, but I'm almost fucking blind. That means I can't see. Do you understand that? And do you understand that Grimmjow is my boyfriend and does understand what I need when I need it?"

By the sniffling I heard, I figured she probably understood then. Yes, I knew she wasn't stupid and that she immediately knew who Grimmjow was to me as soon as he told her about our day. She'd known I was gay for a while and still wouldn't stop looking at me like that...like I was her world. It was disturbing.

"Y-yes...I do understand. I'm sorry." Orihime sniffled.

"It's fine, okay? You're not used to being blind or having to live with someone who is. Grimmjow and I are, respectively."
I suspect she nodded, but I had my eyes closed - I was exhausted and ready to grab a tub of ice cream, two spoons, and milk from the kitchen before dragging Grimmjow upstairs for some cuddling.

"I'm sorry...I really meant you no trouble - I just.."

"It's fine, 'Hime. I promise. Just - just let go of this obsession with me, okay? You're very beautiful and lots of men - and women - would love to have your attention."

"Alright, Ichigo-kun."

I listened until I heard the back door open and shut, as well as Grimmjow slipping into the water. I felt the water ripple behind me and grinned when Grimmjow wrapped his arms around me to turn me to face him.

"Hi." I whispered, smiling up at him.

"That's it? 'Hi' is all I get after suffering through an entire day of..." he leaned close enough that I could feel his breath, "of shopping!" he hissed at last, and I burst out laughing. I happily wrapped my legs around his torso so that our legs didn't get tangled while treading water.
"What are you laughing at?! That shit is terrifying! This color doesn't go with that one, this one doesn't compliment my chest - which I'm not a fucking chick, by the way - and, and this one isn't right for my personality type!" Grimmjow exclaimed, slowly kicking over to the stairs.

I rested my palms on his cheeks, one thumb resting just near his lips to guide me to them. After a few chaste kisses, I pressed my forehead lightly to his.

"It's alright, Grimm. You wear whatever you want - I'll still love you anyways."
Grimmjow paused and when I pulled back, his face was in an expression of shock. A few moments of processing what I had said led to an ever-increasing blush.
"I, uh-"

"I-I love...I love you too!" Grimmjow rushed out, the both of us just staring at each other for a while.

Eventually, I let myself sink a little lower so that I could press my face into his neck.
"Let's go inside, Grimm. I'm getting cold."

~ Grimmjow ~

"Do yoh belef un luv at firs'sigh?" I asked through a mouthful of ice cream - a mouthful Ichigo had fed me.

"First, don't talk with your mouth full. Second, yeah. I'm sure it's for someone, but not for me. I don't really have the sight to love with." Ichigo replied with an adoring grin.
Sometimes I wondered if he knew how expressive his face was, considering he couldn't see it very well.

"Well, yeah." I told him after swallowing the sweet treat. "And I really don't think it was love at first sight for me...I think it was a little love at second sight, and a whole lot more at third." Ichigo chuckled at my response and plopped another spoonful into my waiting mouth.

"Personally, I think it was lust at first word for me. I have a thing for your voice, I think. It's deep, sexy, and magnificently sweet when need be. And then I slowly just - bloop! Love."

"I like that explanation." I murmured, wiggling my tongue around in tiles of another bite. Instead, Ichigo leaned down and allowed me to suck his tongue into my mouth, his hands on either side of my head.

When he pulled away, he grinned at me and licked those beautiful lips of his.
"I saw that once...in a spider-man movie, I think, and I always wanted to try it. Kissing upside down is cool." Ichigo told me.
I rolled onto my stomach before I sat up and pushed him backwards gently, allowing me to lightly press him into the bed, ice cream forgotten beside us.

"Kiss me, Grimmjow." Ichigo whispered, his bare feet setting themselves on my calves and his knees barely pressing into my sides. I obliged and leaned forward, finally pressing my lips to his. This kiss was slow, gentle, and everything I ever thought our first real, good kiss to be.

As I pressed myself closer to him, I could only imagine what our future would give us, should it be filled with so many more of those amazing kisses and the love Ichigo gave me, and would give me. I hoped to always be as blessed as I was when I found such a beauty as Ichigo.

____________

You guys are so gonna hate me, but that's the end.

I really hope you guys liked this.
Please don't tell me it was rushed, or that I can't end it...I actually planned to end it a few chapters back, but I felt like I needed to add more with how many people read and review. 😓

I love you guys so much, thank you for reading!