Chapter 14

Alright, so I totally didn't mention another big supporter of mine. 😓
Thank you, WillaOrihara!
You're so sweet.

Everyone else that reads is awesome too. I just don't know your names. :)
_______

~ Ichigo ~

I suddenly felt very bad about bringing Grimmjow along.

It had been forever since I'd seen everyone, and more than one of my family members would be ecstatic to see me - and the new friend I had.

"Is it bad that I'm so excited to see where you come from?" Grimmjow asked from behind me.

I glanced back at him.
"Yes."
I then pulled him in front of me so he could lead me up the stairs.
I felt my way along the right wall until I came to the third door down and grinned.

"I hope you don't mind sharing a room. This is kinda...everyone's house, so everyone has designated rooms while there's a lot of people here."

I heard Grimmjow grunt in reply and I opened the door for us, walking in with ease.

I sat my bag down on a chair in the corner and went into the bathroom.
I left the door slightly open, as I always did, and leaned forward into the mirror with my brush.

"Yer seriously trying to tame that orange mess'a yours?" Grimmjow asked, leaning on the door frame casually, having pushed the door back open.

"No, just smoothing out tangles....mostly, I'm stalling before I have to go down and see my family."

"What's so horrible about them?" Grimmjow asked.
I rolled my eyes into the mirror, trying to find a good position to look into it.

"There's nothing horrible about them...they're just....eccentric. And...and really overbearing."

Grimmjow chuckled, walking back into the room.
"Then I guess I'll just have to go down and face them alone-"

"GOD, NO, PLEASE. There is no. telling! what they'd say." I exclaimed, stumbling out of the bathroom.
I grabbed the taller male by the arm and spun him around.
My expression, whatever it had been, dropped into a glower and I shoved him slightly.
"Oh, don't be an ass. Change into your swim trunks, leave your shirt here. Do you burn easy? If you do I have sunscreen we gotta put on before you meet them because they're all on the deck and probably won't let you out of their clutches for a while...."

~ Grimmjow ~

I listened to Ichigo's rambling quietly, doing as I was told while he got dressed as well.

When he was done, he turned to me and I looked at him uncomfortably.
"Do I...do I have to leave my shirt here? Can't I wear it down there?"

Ichigo stopped to look at me suspiciously for a moment as he shook the sunscreen can.
"Why?" He drawled slowly, stepping closer to me.

"Because...I'm not comfortable with my body?" It came out as more of a question and he frowned at me again.

"You know, even the fittest man could b uncomfortable with his body, the most arrogant, and I might've believed you, had you not asked me." Ichigo started casually, pretending to pick at his nails. He looked up at me through his lashes and it still baffled me how, even though he only had half an eye to look through, he managed to put emotion and words in them all the same. "Are you going to tell me the real reason?"

"Can we...talk about this later?" I asked, taking a few steps backwards as he took them forwards.

"No, I'd rather know now so that I can help you deter my family when they ask why you have a shirt on. That - and more than one person member will probably try to take off your clothes. Tell me what's wrong with your chest."

I stared at Ichigo in complete disbelief for more than a few moments. He finally got close enough that my thighs touched the bed's edge and I sat back on it hard.
"How did you know...it's my chest?"

"You're subconsciously covering it up with your shorts."

Moving faster than I would've thought he could, Ichigo was in front of me and had both hands clamped on the bottom of my shirt.
Without any further warning, he forced my shirt off my body and I growled at him.
I hung my head as he sagged, staring at the extensive scar on my torso.
"Do you get it now, Ichigo." I growled.

Instead of the pitying voice I had expected, his tone only showed curiosity, and I jumped when his smaller hand laid itself on my chest, gently tracing the scar.
"What's it from?"

"I really don't want to-"

"That's fine. You don't have to. I have my suspicions anyways. But I can see you probably need to talk with someone other than Nnoitra about it."
Ichigo leaned away and looked me in the eyes.
"There are one or two kids that might or might not ask questions. Since you have to stay at my side anyways, it won't be a problem for me to redirect their attention. A few adults might give you glances, but scars are normal in this family."

I sat still for a while, letting his words sink in. Ichigo went out on the balcony and sprayed himself with sunscreen, sputtering when he got it in his mouth.

I forced myself to get up after realizing that Ichigo not only more than likely realized why I had my scar, he wasn't going to ask me to talk about it.

"You need help, four-eyes?"
His sputtering turned indignant and he turned to spray me in the chest with sunscreen. Dramatically, I gasped, clutching my hands over my heart as I pretended to die, Ichigo laughing at my theatrics happily.