Answers and Explanations

Darkness was the only thing that Gen could see. his body still numb and limp from the implanted Taser that was on him. The man that knocked him out had taken his body over to the docks where Gens mission took place. The man stood at the edge of the docks, his figure looming over the sea as the waves hit the docks. "Sorry to have this happen to ya mate. But a job is a job...." The man says before tossing Gens body into the water as he sunk down fairly quickly to the bottom due to the weight of his armor. Grn regained a bit of his consciousness to see the mans figure leave as he was now left with the sight of the underwater. Despite being a super human that can do super human things, he's still human. Which means drowning is still a complication. Gen tries to move his body but because of the taser that the man attached to him prevents all muscle movements, making him unable to free himself from his soon to be watery grave. His consciousness was starting to slip again as water started slipping into his lungs. He could hold out a bit longer but soon enough, he was gonna give in one way or another. It was only a matter of time. But as the light was starting to dim, it flashed for a moment as the sight of a red head woman was seen through his half opened eyes. The woman attached a hook to his body before swimming back up to the surface. After she makes it back to the surface, she runs over to her truck and begins driving as Gens body was being hoisted up to the surface. After a minute or so, Gens body was finally out of the water as he was now lying on the docks floor. The red head exited her vehicle and ran over to the limp body of Gen. Gen opened his eyes wide enough to see that the woman was revealed to be Prisca the informant. "God, the hell have you gotten yourself into?" She asks rhetorically as she tries to figure how to help him. Gen was able to mumble coherently enough for Prisca to understand. "Fore....arm. tas.....er" he mumbles as Prisca proceeds to check his fore arm to then see a device that had attached itself to him like a parasite to its host.

She takes the taser off of him as the feeling of all of his limbs came back to him as he then takes a huge breath of air. ".....how'd you find me?" Gen asks as he didn't expect to have Prisca of all people, to save him from potentially dying in the depths of the sea. "I'll explain later, Gennie. For now, we need to move before we get caught by the sweepers. " She explains as she helps him up and leads him to her truck. They both hop in and drive away from the place, just in time as blue and red lights flashed behind them as police and other government officials stepped into the docks to investigate the scene. After they were far enough away, Prisca then pulled up to an abandoned warehouse somewhere in the city where they can lay low for a bit. "Can you explain now?" Gen requested as Prisca abides to his request. "Well, i was on my way back to my place when i saw a huge plume of smoke in the distance. I checked it out and saw a shop riddled with holes and a a man wearing body armor taking you away. So naturally, i wasn't gonna have my best client go up and dissappear on me so a tailed you two. I saw him toss you into the water and leave." She explains. Gen thought her reason was sound but she had more things to say as she continued. "But, before i went and got you. I eavesdropped on a conversation he had with his boss." She says. "What did you hear?" He asks, now intrigued. " He was saying that the mission was done and he was heading back. But the biggest thing is, is that his boss was a guy named Pavlov." She says. Gens eyes widened. Not out of surprise, but out of anger that the man had the audacity to send an assassin on him after fullfilling their contract.

"Pavlov?" He says as the atmosphere became more tense. "Yeah, why?" Prisca asked him. He responded by going over to the truck and hops inside the driver seat. "Woah! What the hell do ya think your doing?" She questions as she though he was just gonna drive off with her truck. "Get in." He commands as Prisca just rolls her eyes and complied. They proceed to ride off to Mikel's office where Gen expects an explanation. They finally arrived as Gen barges into Mikel's office together with Prisca. "Gen" Mikel spoke as Gen cut him off by slamming his hands on his table, cracking it in the process. "Mikel, explain to me what the fuck is going on." Gen says in an agitated manner. "Gen, calm yourself. You're being irrational" Mikel tells him as Gen slammed his fist on the table, causing more cracks to appear. "The hell I am! Explain to me dammit!" Gen says as he so close to just grabbing Mikel by the collar. "Gennie, calm down! You're not gonna get answers if you keep screaming like a banshee." Prisca told him as Gen decides to calm himself. "Good, now. To inform you of whats going on, Pavlov. Your client, has severed your contract" Mikel explains as he wipes off the debris on his table. "The hell does that mean?" Prisca asked, clueless about all this contractual stuff. "It means that fucking bastard ran away. Basically nullifying all deals thats in the contract." Gen explains as the words of his former target, Kevin Sternhert, replayed within his mind. "So what are you gonna do about it?" Prisca sked the hunter as Gen responded with huff. "Imm gonna hunt me a prick." He says before turning around and walking away. "Gen, are you really this petty for some reward?" Mikel said as Gen turns back around at him before leaning in close to his face as his cracked visor stared into Mikel's soul. "This isn't about the reward.this is payback. I'll make him learn to never backstab a bounty hunter." Gen says as he leans back. Mikel sighed in response before speaking.

"Despite him double crossing you. He's still a client. I tried to tell him not to, but the damn prick was insistent on it. And as much as i want you to get some revenge, im contractually obligated to inform him of an elimination attempt." Mikel says. "If thats the case, then tell him. Tell that rat bastard that I'm coming for him. he better watch himself cause im not gonna rest until he's dead."Gen says before storming off as Prisca followed him out. Mikel took out his phone and dialed a number in as the call was then connected. "Hes coming. You better ready yourself. He's not one to be underestimated." Mikel informs. The person from the other side of the call was sitting inside a dark room where the only light source it had was the moons. The moonlight shown through the glass window behind the man as he responded to Mikel. "I assure you i am more than ready to handle him. But thank you for the warning." He says before hanging up. He looks forward to see the man who has attacked Gen not too long ago, standing there with a smirk. "So, the little bugger survived eh? Sorry bout that boss but i guess he was a tough nut to crack." He says as he spun his combat knife around. "Don't worry, I've anticipated this. I want you to go over to the mayors office and make the request. They'll stall him for a bit." The man shrouded in darkness said as the man infront of him just smiled and saluted. "Aye aye, boss!" He exclaims before walking out of the dimly lit room.

TO BE CONTINUED...