Chapter King or Queen: a sea of calm in a storm

Hi, I decided to continue the story from the last chapter as I hit a really good idea and it felt unfinished. I hope you enjoy it.

Enterprise: Are you sure?

Admiral Hipper: I am sure though I don't appreciate being dragged around...

Vanguard: *whispers* Enterprise you better apologise you don't want to anger him especially if his ship is in the harbour. You are lucky to have survived so far without triggering him.

Enterprise: *nods* I apologise for the inconvenience that I caused you.

Admiral Hipper: Apology accepted!

Admiral Hipper: *confused* huh?

PoW: what is the matter?

Admiral Hipper: I am sure it is without bad intent but it seems as if someone has tried to board my ship...

PoW: How would you know that?

Admiral Hipper: I guess it is a side effect of the ritual, the ship has somewhat strengthened its bond and is capable of fighting independently. May I check on my ship please?

PoW: Of Course

Admiral Hipper: *tips hat* Thank you ma'am *leaves*

A couple of minutes ago...

Laffey: Javelin... what are you doing *yawns*

Javelin: c'mon, it's not everyday that a mysterious Ironblood ship docking here, you saw what that ship did to the Sirens.

Laffey: Laffey want to join...zzz

Javelin and Laffey board Admiral Hipper's ship. They tried to open the door to the superstructure but immediately alarms go off 

Javelin: huh?!? *looks around*

Laffey: Laffey tired...*sleeps*

Javelin: Laffey? Laffey! *shakes Laffey* come on, we need to leave!

The secondary Gun turrets of admiral Hipper begin to turn to them, the AA batteries are already aiming at them.

Javelin: Laffey! RUN!

The secondaries bear at them and aim at them for a few seconds and fire. AA batteries fire at them as well. One 2cm round hits Javelin.

Javelin: Ahhh! *falls on the deck*

The gun turrets turn to Laffey and hit her as well.

Time lapse

Javelin: *wakes up* huh? I am I dead?

A man in kriegsmarine stands over her

Kriegsmarine officer: Are you okay?

Javelin: Ye-e-ah? Huh? I thought I was hit? 

Kriegsmarine officer: *smirks* Yeah you were *offers hand to her*

Javelin: then How am I alive? *pulls herself up*

Kriegsmarine officer: Your lucky that they were paint rounds

Javelin: NANI? *looks onto her clothes and see the paint on her* No!

Laffey: *wakes up* Uhhh... Laffey tired...zzz

Javelin: *shakes Laffey* Laffey! wake up! You are covered in paint!

Laffey: *sleeps*

Kriegsmarine officer: I can take her to her quarters.

Javelin: Yes, please *pauses* what is your name sir?

Kriegsmarine officer: Admiral Hipper, Lead ship of the Admiral Hipper class *carries Laffey on his back*

Javelin : Thank you

Admiral Hipper: Your welcome, just don't board my ship without my knowledge again, yes?

Javelin: Yes

Admiral Hipper: Can you lead me to her quarters?

Javelin: sure follow me!

Time lapse

It is night time and Enterprise in walking around as she can't sleep and wants to clear her mind. She sees a light in the woods and heads over, thinking it might be a Siren, she summons her bow.

Enterprise: Huh why can I hear music? *heads over to the light source even faster*

Enterprise: The music reminds me of the Northern Parliament

She eventually comes to the source of the light.

Enterprise*thinks* why is there a bonfire?

She notices that Admiral Hipper and Vanguard and sitting on logs nearby and are playing instruments. They are currently playing Katyusha and they are singing. She beings to leave but is stopped by a voice.

Admiral Hipper: I can see you Enterprise, would you care to join us?

Enterprise: *blushes* ah, I was just...

Admiral Hipper: I can clearly see that you are stressed about something, join us.

Enterprise: *walks over and sits down*

time lapse of WW1&2 songs

Enterprise: Why do you play songs?

Admiral Hipper: *raises eyebrow* well, I am sure you know what our "curse" is after I explained it

Enterprise: *confused*Yes

Admiral Hipper: I don't tell you the full story

Enterprise: Why not

Admiral Hipper: I don't think you're ready for it

Enterprise: tell me

Admiral Hipper: *sighs* Very well, you see, the "curse" does more than take our blood, it takes our sanity and personality. Eventually without careful usage of hobbies and reminders of ourselves like diaries, parties and friends, we would have a similar mentality of a machine with no emotion. Our hobbies is like a sea of calm in a storm.

Enterprise: *thinks* Me pushing myself was my choice, they are already powerful but to gain more power they run the risk of insanity.

Admiral Hipper: For me and my class, we practise music as our anchor for our sanity others people have their own ways, Bismarck and Tirpitz often do modelling of ships together and play wargames on a board. Z52 and Z46 practise swordplay and often go out to spar with other ships. Only a few of us don't have the curse

Enterprise: Who?

Admiral Hipper: Uh, The Spahkreuzers don't.

Enterprise: Spahkreuzers?

Admiral Hipper: reconnaissance cruisers, but they're just really big Destroyers

 Enterprise: How big?

Admiral Hipper: Quite Large anyway *looks at watch* huh it's getting late, let's go

Vanguard: sure, see you tomorrow!

Admiral Hipper: And you to!

All leaves.

Admiral hipper and Vanguard leave to their ships to sleep as they don't want to cause a crisis due to their gender. Enterprise leaves for her room.

Enterprise: *thinks* there must be a way for them to not have to lose their sanity, I nearly died after pushing myself to the limit. With their kind of power who know how far they will push?

Sorry for the lateness of the chapter. I am going to be starting a new book called Legends Never Die, They Are Reborn. It's a Hood and Bismarck Isekai into AL. The actual Ships of course.

THIS BOOK WILL CONTINUE