Chapter 35

Shades of dusky blue spattered over a canvas called sky, embellished with silvery dots which sang to gently appease the eyes, the secretive darkness tossed a whisking wind which beseeched Draupadi's long curls to tousle.

Arjun consoled the freshly opened bag of chips with his manly digits by digging deep inside it and guzzling few chips inside his ravenous mouth.

Draupadi side-glanced at her newly made husband's childish frolics and silently inched her frame closer to his before housing her head on his shoulder, reticently.

"Stargazing was a good option for the remaining night" Draupadi tweeted, brushing her palm over his.

"I know, even though this city has a lot of pollutants, it seems like the sky has adorned itself today just for us." Arjun gabbled after puffing his mouth with another set of chips.

"Eww Arj.." Draupadi deliberated a slap on his shoulder after observing him indecently lick his fingers. She handed him a tissue and chided the man for behaving in a manner which was despised by her.

The lady humbly stewed her repressed emotions while discerning her lover's interest being only in munching snacks and frequently commenting about how squishy the garden's grass was, where the two were sitting.
Her man's casualness catalysed the irritation of her heart, she sighed recalling her skilful plan of some stargazing and deep conversations.

"I am going to the room, it will be dawn in some time and I need some quick nap" she fumbled her anger into displeased wordings.

"Let me finish these piquantly flavoured chips, then we both can go together" he choked over some chipped potatoes before expressing his request.

"This" Draupadi accusingly pointed at the docile plastic packet, "is the whole problem!"

"You are having a gala time, but I? I am not into midnight snacking" she pressured her words to make him obediently throw away the packet.

"Oops..err...Drau" Arjun twinkled with all his charm squeezing inside his pupils, "hmm, let's talk about our current lives, I want to unravel the girl who recently became my wife" his genuinely concerned sounding ringed merry bells in the lady's ears, she bit her lower lip in anticipation and motioned him to start with his story.

"Arjun Kuruvanshi has always been the apple of everyone's eyes, be it his studying years or job, he has been the best of best" The man buttered himself to a divine pedestal, making the lady giggle ostentatiously at the narcissism dripping from his proud words.

"I was always an A grade student, a terrific dancer, an all-rounder on the sports field and always keeping a keen interest in archery..." Arjun relaxed his facial expressions now, a scar from his childhood somehow remained active,

"Archery? I did not know that this Arjun also loved bows and arrows" Draupadi mused herself with picture-perfect imagery of her husband with modern bows.

"Mom never let me pursue it, I wasn't supposed to go near any archery arena" Arjun clamoured his inner hurdles while managing to pass a sturdy aura to his beloved.

"She knows about the past, doesn't she?" Draupadi inquired the sunken eyes of her husband, who was quietly moaning over the death of his childhood dream.

"By her actions, yes! By her words, no" Arjun whispered a short kiss over the stress lines of the lady. "Enough about me, tell me about the episodes I missed of The Draupadi Panchkul" his hand gently comforted her hand as he tightly wrapped his fingers around her delicate ones.

"Draupadi was like any other normal teenager, perhaps she played well even though she had no past experiences of childhood" The woman giggled at her own words before crisping her eyes into a serious look, "I.. I used to visit psychologists, I had bouts of panic and my anxiety levels were very high" she shoved a tiny secret down her throat while only presenting him with a few facts.

"Do you still get intensely panicked?" Arjun's concerns voiced themselves in a petty manner, he caressed the lady's flushing cheeks with his thumb, "aren't you hiding something, Drau?" The unadulterated flavour of his assertions jittered her nerve endings, she masked her cautious eyes with plastered lies.

Draupadi's plumply lips grew thinner as she pulled herself back into a darker world, she could feel frequent spurts of heat rushing down her spine. Her fingers shivered with unwanted cold and spiny sensations, she presumed herself to usher in an apocalypse.
The pills. I need them now. She summarised her situation after a great struggle.

"Washroom break" Her mouth coaxed itself to let the letters be vocalised. 
_____________________________

Wax melt yellow humbled the evenly inky sky, the morning star appeased itself with a grand entry, sending its spears to shower over the greener side of the garden and carefully creeping up to the toes of the finest pair of all, Arjun and his bride.

"Am I in heaven, already!" Arjun mumbled, before execrating the light sleeper in him and sulking at the god's golden eye for turning up so soon.

"Never mind, this is better than heaven" he proclaimed after tightly snuggling with the beautiful lady who was soundlessly sleeping beside him, on the sweet grass.
.
.
.
.
.
"What on earth are you..." Pritha deliberately left her sentences unfinished after seeing her son and the unwanted guest piously occupying space in her aesthetic lawn.

"Ahem...ahem.." Paranjay mantled his laugh into a flabbergasted expression.

As if someone uncovered his deepest self, the newly wedded man sheepishly bit his lower lip observing his mother's body look lengthier than usual and her stupefied orbs pushing dozens of questions out of themselves.

"What are you both doing here?" Arjun simpered, stretching his arms and forcing a yawn.

"Isn't this our morning walk time!?" Pritha glared, "what are you doing here? With.. with her.."

"Ah.. his wife, you mean?" Jay winked at his son after calculating the whole picture in his head.

"Mom, actually, umm..she..no I, yes, I wanted to sleep under the stars" His words flowed like water from an unattended tap, he poked the lady beside him to open her damsel's eyes but she was too far from completion of some good sleep.

"Meet us at the breakfast table in an hour" The matriarch stated, throwing her body forward even though her heart wished to stay with her son and monitor him.

"Drau!!" The third son of Pritha gasped, after seeing his parents go to a safe distance.

"Get up, you lazy zombie"

"Do I look like a zombie to you?" Draupadi sounded dull and drowsy, she allowed her eyes to open to a small extent, "let me sleep please"

"Fun fact, your morning face does look like a Zombie" The woman's lover wilfully stabbed his wife's pride, he very well knew how much she loathed sarcasm.

"How dare you?" Sitting up straight, the woman cussed her husband while settling her hair.

"Good morning, honey" Arjun was not capable of holding back his guffawing after he glanced at the angered passion on her face.