Chapter 28

"Wait.." Draupadi synced her fingers to draw out a virtual plan, "umm hmm" occasionally she mumbled.
Her serious and stern actions derided Arjun's sharp wit, he scratched his head indignantly, a high tide of pique traumatised the ocean of his pride, how can she behave completely antagonistic to his calculated move?
"What?" The lady twirled her free hair locks,
"now for all those who are wondering what is happening to me.." She exclaimed while pointing around the room, "Let me explain"

Her eyes tickled the anxious corner of his mind, whispers echoed through the deepest passages and an unexpected perturbation itched him, Arjun loudly frowned hearing a peal of senseless laughter, pure and loose. Her bright face glowed with an unspoken guffawing and her orbs tasted a sweet and soft bliss.

"Happy 4 hours, wifey!" She mimicked his words from before and clapped her hands in a sarcastic response.

"Do you really think that I'll believe this old lame Bollywood story of yours? Okay, so firstly you must have kidnapped me then you must have gotten those fake legal documents signed by me when I was..err..I had knocked off and then we became husband and wife!" Draupadi sniggered.

Arjun's flushed face flashed with blues of chill, he hummed a miserable tune which he used to sing in his childhood days after being caught by Pritha for some mischief.

"A brahman contesting amid mighty Kshatriyas" Draupad's fingers gambolled with each other, her delicate eyelids blushed to meet him in the eye, "such a warrior will cheat a woman into this kind of marriage?"

"Perhaps I had forgotten about how well you know me and my imbecile pranks"
The intelligent woman stood frozen, screaming cosmic awe at his playful words and awkward expressions.

Composing of black and whites, from sweet and sour memories, past impressions had always shrivelled Draupadi's will to paint a vivid future but somehow in the past few cordial moments, she experienced complacency from the life which she tastefully despised.

"Shall we go back home?" She jumped up, summarising her appeased mood.

"There's one thing left" The evident change in the room's atmosphere to consequential from jolly brought a worried smile on the woman's radiant face. His countenance alarmed her of a life and death situation, what is that one thing left?

_________________________________

"Arjun," Yash gossiped,

"Stop nibbling on the pen cap and pay attention to me" the elder brother stomped on Nakul's feet, the exuberant twin who had been cunningly invited to the Kuruvansh family's company workplace by the eldest of the five brothers.

Least interested, as he was, Nakul looked up with lesser pain in his toe, Yash tried to smile a little seeing the antics of his younger brother.
Somewhere deep inside, Yash's heart was being gripped painfully by the guilt of his previous birth mistakes, he had lazily penned a plan to unite the two forbidden lovers and thus he required the help of those people who were not subjected to the past things.

As per their scheme's first line of action, Arjun was sent to Draupadi's place and they themselves were supposed to carry out the other necessary rituals while the third son of his parents wooed the love of his life.

Pritha had always been a tough nut and she exposed a very controlling and authoritative side of hers since the day she familiarised herself with the past life. Even though keeping his mother aloof of her third son's intentions was the most supreme and dangerous task, Yash was performing his duties perfectly.

Paranjay happily slurped on his black coffee while admiring his two sons troubling each other from his glass cabin, a silent prayer for his family's well-being and happiness escaped his old lips.

"Woah! You won't believe who's here?" Sahdev's voice disturbed the two who were discussing the whims and fancies of their newest mission.

"Shanaya?" Nakul giggled, he poked his eldest brother's shoulder while passing a big scornful smile to the lady.

"Presenting to you the soon to be daughter in law of the Kuruvanshi family" she banged the table and then posed like a supermodel.

"More like an off and on sister in law!" Nakul couldn't handle the eruptions of the uncanny convulsions within him, he hysterically laughed at his own vocalisation.

Sahdev joined the titter party and the twins waved at each other from across the room.

Yash sat back on his chair like a professional and rational contemplator, he joined Shanaya in her unamused facial gestures and signalled her to take long deep breaths until the twins wrap up their circus.

"Ahem.. just for everyone's information, Shanaya is with us in the plan!" Yash threw his trump card.

_________________________________

Her bleak eyes were trying to hide behind the effective kohl, she looked no less than a damsel, a damsel in distress.

"Draupadi!" Prashasti shouted, the mother's affection craved to emboss on her daughter's heart but perhaps the appearance of her daughter sprinkled a nasty taste on her emotions.

The tawdry garland around her neck, plain and unsavoury vermilion greasing her hairline, the shallowing and bashful pupils of her roared the onset of an unforeseen storm which betrayed the expectations of each one in the Panchkul family.

Firmly intertwining his fingers with hers, Arjun shot an unhinged peeper at Lakshana while glancing at the embarrassed lady beside her.
Lakshana's brain spasmed, fluttering her eyes as to grasp the maximum amount of light she felt heavy inside her mouth, unable to express about the shock waves which were hitting the walls of her heart.

Vidyut's impulsiveness leapt in the air, like the softball of his favourite beach volleyball game, his ability to think and reason was summoned from a hidden chamber of his heart. He cushioned himself with derealisation, merrily fooling his brain to covert the circumstances.

Drupad walked in the living hall from the house's big library, his eyes which were sunken in euphoria after having finished pouring the content of white-yellowish stained pages lay on the fictitious sight of his daughter and the son of an acquaintance.

"Dad" Draupadi shrieked, her body shrinking in shame and conscience daring to think of the feared outcomes.