Chapter 9

The shades over his medium black eyes covered the curiosity in those pupils of his,
Yash stood 5'9, one hand going inside the deep pocket of his pant, and the other set his tie, he was coming straight from a conference in Washington, a constant smile on his lips,
Ms Draupadi Panchkul, he bit his lower lip after summarising his obsession with the stranger,
two days before, during a video call between Bheem and him, he had seen Arjun run behind Bheem calling out for some Draupadi.
The name of the woman itself drizzled content over his mind, and the pictures of her on the internet were like cherry on top, Yash was a sophisticated man unlike his brothers, he would be committed towards a girl for a minimum of one year and then for a reason unknown to everyone, he would back off very soberly.

"Hello, Ms Panchkul" He rehearsed in his mind, as to how to greet the desired lady,
"No!" Yash muttered,
"Hello, future Mrs Draupadi Yash Kuruvanshi" he couldn't control the sudden burst of joy in his mind and chortled.

"What happened, brother?" Arjun gasped anonymously,
Yash's physical self  realised the cage being constructed around him, his two brothers were surrounding him like they were police officers and he was a thief.

"This is your room" Bheem's jolly smile hid the real intentions of the two younger brothers who had cunningly managed to get a room which was at a good distance from Draupadi's room for their eldest.

Yash comforted his curious eyes and decided to meet the mysterious lady in the evening, he grinned at his brother's before going to rest.

"I will handle bb in the evening, he will not be able to meet her" Bheem patted his younger brother's back.

___________________________________

Arjun leaned on the doorframe, with his hands across his chest, his pinched nose portrayed his reluctance to talk to her, to touch her.
He has been a really bad husband in the past, his fingers firmly fisted as his brain refreshed the past memories.
A bright shine in his eyes showed his determination to not let the past overtake his present, he needs to make amends and he will rectify everything.

"Drau.." Arjun's wavering voice echoed in the room,

As the bangles clinked in her hand, she adjusted the small red coloured bindi decorating her forehead, which contrasted with the bottle green two-piece attire having golden white designs on the border and a white net chunni.
The smile on her lips was unnoticed by Arjun who was seeing her through the mirror, he looked at her milky bareback which could charm any man.

"Don't you have full clothes?" He finally gave himself to his proprietorial self.

"Isn't this the 21st century?" The woman giggled, letting her deep necked blouse be visible without any jewellery.

"What if someone..."

"I know how to handle" she assured, wearing the long silver earrings.

"I just don't want any other man to leer at you" He was now standing behind her, pushing her towards him by her waist, "may no one be able to cast an evil look on..." his lips gently caressed her cheek,
"Mrs Draupadi Arjun Kuruvanshi, I mean, soon to be"

The natural blush of the lady made her glow more than the artificial blush applied by her, even though they had met a few days ago but he was perfect for her.

"I'll be around you until the henna ceremony gets over," he told her, now protectively touching her waist, he needed to safeguard her from the ugly past.

___________________________________

Pritha observed her children stealthily while talking to a relative alongside a henna artist who was making designs on her hand.

Her eyes did not fail to recognise Hruti as the past life demon princess, she quietly soaked in the view of her second son cautiously talk to the girl and looking here and there within every seven seconds,
She embraced the blooming relationship, a small sigh of relief courageously came from her side, at least the girl was not a demoness this time,
"But I still need to do a background check before," she thought.

Her eyes again wandered only to stop at Nakul and Sahdev who were busy watching something on the phone of a cousin brother.
Her heart smiled and danced thinking about her three sons who were far away from Draupadi, the only woman who would never be welcomed in her house.
A sudden ache originated in her heart, what if Arjun?
She now stood up, not paying attention to the henna artist's unfinished work,
Arjun couldn't be seen in the diameter of her vision,

"Mom, do you need anything?" Yash walked straight up to his mother after arriving at the party venue from his room.
"Where's Arjun?" She questioned after asking whether Yash is still clenching on to jet lag.

"Look, mom, here he comes," Yash said, after five minutes of casting searching looks at the crowd.

"bb" the singing tone of the younger brother for Yash was doubted by Pritha,
"Bheem bhaiya is looking for you, he wants to spend time with you" Arjun's arm went around Pritha's neck, and he lightly hugged his mother.

"I have a surprise for you, son!" She lovingly pulled his cheeks.

The anxious mother made her third son sit with her, her spine chilled seeing the dreaded woman in sight, she slightly peeped at the son of hers who was leaning forward and perhaps conversing with the woman through eyes.

"Hello Aunty" Draupadi's voice seemed like a faint sound in the aged woman's ears, she alerted her senses to take any required action.

"Err...Arjun, Vidyut needs your help for some work" her stutter and quick breathing displayed the solidity of her words, the bridegroom's sister felt her nerves turn weak as her lover's mother's judgemental aura encircled her.

The mother moulded her thoughts in a polite way to present an answer on behalf of her son,
"Not right now, dear"

The dejected woman's nod in an agreement made Pritha curve her lips in a proud smile.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Umm...how shall I?" Draupadi loudly declared her problem, she cursed herself for applying the henna on her hand before eating lunch, her stomach growled for she had not even had breakfast and it was difficult for her to even hold the plate without disturbing the mehndi on her palms.

"Do you need any help?" She turned to find an unfamiliar woman, fairly pretty and of medium height.
"Aren't you Draupadi Panchkul?" The new lady showed excitement, "Hi! I am Shanaya Yaduv"

Arjun's lover's mind itched, trying to remember about the woman, "Have we met before? Do I know you?" She asked very subtly.

"You must have read about my dad's company on the Internet or you must have seen me on social media" the other woman chirped, "after all, I am trending since yesterday" the deep red colour of her cheeks subdued with her loud chuckle,

"Why?" Draupadi's confused pupils gave the other lady an opportunity to blabber,

"My marriage has been fixed with Arjun Kuruvanshi, the famous business tycoon" her words stomped on the beautiful woman's heart.