Chapter 17

The tensions and the pain of six months ago seemed to lessen today for Arjun, he clasped his fingers together and frolicked in the room,
"you both are now officially married" The spectacled clerk smiled handing over the documents to the new couple.
"Oh! brother" Arjun threw himself on Yash with excitement, the younger sibling's plan of Yash and Devangi's 'secret' court marriage was executed without any problem,

The new bride lightly touched her husband's shoulder, her eyes fearing dreadful outcomes.
"Yash, your mother would abandon us, wouldn't she?"

"Mom will not refuse you like she did before" The eldest of the youngest generation spoke, he collapsed back to the sullen evening of two months ago,
"Devangi is the one for me" Yash raged in protest, his mother's desires being different from his own.

"Daughter of a nominal man for my firstborn? Impossible!" Pritha's motherly concern deepened, her heart knew of Devika's purity but wasn't she a tribal chieftain's blood?

Arjun yawned slowly, empathetic towards the new couple, his mother was idealistic in the race of women but sometimes too possessive, he was a victim in the previous life and now his brother was being tested.
He wished to satiate his growing worries by remembering how his mother had accepted Hruti and her unborn child, Bheem and Hruti had married in a close and small ceremony.
His sight cast upon the woman draped in a fizzy red saree, the emotional hurricane which was forcing her eyes to moisten had been witnessed by Arjun before,
"Draupadi" He soughed, a segment of his brain shovelling the happy moments he spent with his beloved.
A glossary of his attainments summarised in front of her,
Her big dusky pupils dilated to capture the sight of a poorly attired yet glowing personality, his muscular arms inviting her to trace their perfect boundaries, the shy smile peeping from beneath his calm expressions wanting her to rejoice, his quintessential lips merrily parting to shape delightful words,
"Rajkumari?" Arjun worried, his eyes now scanning the colour of her face, from pink to dark red,
"Can we halt here for some time?" A desperate request pounced out from the Panchala princess,
The humbly dressed man stilled his feet, a high shriek of a forest creature brought them closer, enclosing them in a perfect embrace.

"You will not be detained from your rights" the new brother in law pleased Devangi even though he himself trembled due to the flashbacks.
__________________________________

The scintillating light spiralled inside her eyes, her iris tried to haul her pupils away from the source but the determined coercion of her mind cost her brain stamina and the awakening sleep in her orbs, heavily.
"Gotcha" she shouted along with clapping like toddlers, a big deal had finally been sanctified, Draupadi rubbed her palms and pressed her eyes, soothing her aching sense organ.

"Ma'am" Priya, Draupadi's assistant screamed with all her might, barging into the office cabin without any prior information,
The woman who was previously sitting with her face dug into the computer screen jumped up in horror absorbing her panicking assistant's voice.

"Are you nuts?" The beautiful woman folded her arms across her chest, peering at the other with suspicion, a sudden discovery disturbed the businesswoman, did she spend 'only' three hours zooming inside the desktop?

"Mhmm...uhmm...." Priya slyly shied acknowledging her workaholic boss.
"Mr Panchkul has requested you to go through the data of our new recruits and he has said that the new general manager would be trained by you, Ma'am!" She joyed, grinning at her overwhelmed boss.

"Where is GM's file? I'll train him to be the most sensible"
The two women giggled recalling the former position holder who was a little loony.

As the pages of the blue file were flipped by the lady, she erected on the brown leather chair uncomfortably reading the details,
"Daughter in law? Where is the daughter in law of the Kuru clan? I can only see a whore standing amidst the men in this sabha!" Kunti's firstborn shamelessly proclaimed.

"Karan Sharma?"
The swiftness of her feet challenged itself for a fast walk to Drupad's chambers,
Why Karan Sharma? Why is her past reentering her life after six peaceful yet yearning months?

"Dev, my dear friend, has recommended this man and honestly I want him too after all he's a budding entrepreneur who requires this job to fund his own startup" Drupad's unwavering smile twisted his daughter's internals,
Draupad, though a genuine father failed to perceive the pleading expressions of his daughter, he lost himself in his own life history, the time when he decided to work separately from his father and elder brother,
"I can well imagine the struggles of a new entrepreneur" the gentle tears of his eyes percolated.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Inhale and exhale, her breathing oppressed the rebellion forming within her, Vidyut's absence and taking Lakshana to a quick vacation graved her soul for instead of him, she was supposed to help the new GM and train him properly.
Draupadi found herself sitting among the old loyalists and her father who slurped coffee at the circumference of the round table.

"Arjun" She slowly took his name for the first time in all these months, keeping aside her heart's midnight cravings for its better half.

"How shall I manage all this?" A mental cry wanted to seep through her mouth hearing her new duties.

A shattering sound from her chest and creased brows welcomed the man.
Karan hastened to take a seat beside her, his mind and heart juggled watching the damsel.

The meeting level upped the heat around the dejected lady, her father's exhilarated lauding of the GM seemed familiar but for some other man.

"Arjun's resolution matches none but her, Vasudev, and my daughter's traits match none but Arjun!" Panchala Naresh's loud exclaims failed to calm the already-in-love Panchali.

"They have changed, they are not like their past selves."
Blinded by their this life's sobered faces and overcoming the anxiousness of the past, a theory constructed in her brain.

With a new burst of leverage sprouting in Draupadi's brain, she boldly looked at her past life mother in law's unrevealed son,
"Welcome to the company, Karan Sharma!" A wide simper on her glorious lips appeased Karan who had his own agenda of joining the Panchkul enterprises, unknown to all.