Chapter 2 ~ Tragic back stories

CW:
Mentions of suicide.
Please do not force yourself to read uncomfortable topics. I will let you know when sensitive topics are approaching and are over. <3

——————————————————————————

The room went silent as Dabria's new co-workers held unreadable faces. The silence was finally broken by a scoff. One that was not new to the younger witch, nor to the older werewolf.

"Is there a problem, Severus?" Dumbledore inquired, knowing that the potions professor would only listen to him.

"If I may, Professor, why hire dark beasts to work with children, putting them in danger." Dabria could feel the anger bubbling inside her. In the little time, she had been a lycanthrope, she had already learnt that not all like her were 'dark creatures. Most just wanted to get by in life normally, they never wanted to hurt anyone, but society had forced them into the shadows, away from the ones they loved and into crime just to get by.

Remus must have sensed Dabria's rage so before she could, he spoke up.

"Severus, we are men now. There's no need to act so childishly. If Dumbledore has chosen us, there must be a reason."

Despite his rough around the edges look, what left Lupin's mouth was like honey. His voice was calm and soothing with a slight posh twist to it, it was clear to Dabria tho that he hadn't always had a proper accent. She could hear the slight underlying troubled boy that he used to be.

In an attempt to talk back, Snape opened his mouth only to close it again and a scowl to take over, knowing that Lupin was correct.

Dabria and Remus were able to hear the pleased huffs from other staff members at the potions professor's newfound silence, surely just quiet enough for him to not notice.

"Very well, you may all leave, though I must ask Remus, Dabria, Severus and Poppy to stay behind," Dumbledore said with a pleased look. The elder wizard knew that this year was going to be an interesting one.

As the other teachers left, they each sent Remus and Dabria welcoming nods, letting them know that they are accepted, even though both werewolves felt like it would take time before they would be truly accepted.

"Severus, as much as you disagree with my decision, Dabria and Remus are to stay. I also have a favour to ask of you." Dumbledore's voice was calming, as though he was preparing for Snape to flip. "I must ask you to create wolfsbane potions for both Professors monthly. I hope there won't be an issue and Poppy, I hope you will not mind helping the two take care of their wounds after their transformations."

The way the headmaster looked at the Potions Professor was placid yet steely. His request was more of a demand than a question and Severus being in the position he was, he was unable to protest.

Pomfrey nodded compliantly, seemingly unbothered by her new task. The raven-haired man complied with a defeated sneer, painting Remus' face with a victorious grin that Dabria subtly mirrored, both enjoying their new colleague's inner turmoil.

In the werewolf world, the initial bite is a sensitive topic that most would never dare to mention however, being new to this hidden part of the world, Dabria did not know the lycanthrope etiquette.

Both Dabria and Remus were making their way through the halls of Hogwarts after a long discussion with Dumbledore over what is to take place on the week surrounding the full moons.

The silence between the two was most definitely awkward, this was the witch's first encounter with another of her kind since her bite and she had no idea what to say. Without thinking, she blurted the first question to come to mind.