Chapter 7 ~ Comfort

"I- I can explain." That was all he said.

Dabria instantly drew her wand, her shocked expression turning into one of anger.

"L-Listen, here me out." Sirius had dropped the knife now and had both hands raised in surrender, he could see the internally battle in the witch's eyes, he knew she should stun him immediately, but she wanted to hear him out first.

After a minute, she sighed and nodded, letting him know she was listening.

"I didn't do it. I- I didn't kill all those innocent people, I didn't kill- I didn't kill Lily and James Potter. You have to believe me." As Sirius gave his plea, arms flailing in frustration, Dabria stood with an unreadable expression. He continued repeating he was innocent for a good two minutes before he stopped. The escapee now had tears streaming down his face. Although he could have just been acting, Dabria knew he wasn't. She could see it all in his eyes, his desperation, grief, anger and pain. She knew she needed to help the man before her. She lowered her wand.

"Fine. I believe you. Dinner is coming to an end, so you have to go... now." After a moment stood in disbelief, Sirius finally moved. As he stepped towards the girl, he transformed back into his animagus and ran.

Dabria shouted before he turned the corner, "and don't make me regret letting you go." He looked over his shoulder and sent her a nod, thanking her for trusting him.

Dabria quickly made her way to the owlery, which was fortunately empty, before walking towards the hospital wing again. On her way, students began to leave the great hall, it was then she realised Poppy was right. Only a few students were around, and all the smells and voices were causing her to have a slight headache.

It wasn't long before word spread, and everyone began to run for the entrance to the Gryffindor common room. Dabria joined the groups as though she hadn't a clue what was going on, despite her growing headache.

As she turned the corner to the Gryffindor common rooms for her second time that night, she was surprised to see half the school had appeared. She began to wade her way through the see of pupils when Filch pointed to a painting higher up the staircases. The crowd began to carry her up the stairs, when it stopped, she continued to push her way even further to where Dumbledore stood. When she stood before the painting, she saw a humorous sight of the Fat Lady squatting behind a hippopotamus to hide.

"Dear lady, who did this to you," spoke the headmaster softly.

"Eyes like the devil, he's got," she cried as her head poked up, face distorted to a look of terror, "and a soul as dark as his name." Dumbledore and the students looked at her in confusion, unsure of who she was talking about still. "It's him, headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here, somewhere in the castle." Confused faces mixed with ones of fear as she continued, "Sirius Black!"

Students began to panic and talk amongst themselves; the level of sound became too much for Dabria. Before she could walk away or say anything, her head was hitting the floor and a pair of arms were wrapped around her body. They carried her through the crowds and corridors, now and then she would gain enough strength to open her eyes, but she couldn't make out any features of the person.

Disoriented, Dabria woke came back around. Though she was conscious, she didn't open her eyes for a while as she attempted to mentally gather herself. Before opening her eyes, she felt around her. Beneath her, was her supple mattress and silk sheets.

After hearing muffled voices, Dabria eventually rose, swinging her feet off the edge of the bed, she took a minute to compose herself and gain the strength in her legs. It took her a few wobbly steps, but she finally managed to walk to her chamber door.