Chapter 4 ~ A Perfect Birthday

*Knock knock knock*

Groaning and rubbing the sleep from her eyes, Dabria swung her legs over the edge of her bed, sliding her feet into her slippers before standing and reaching for her dressing gown.

Slowly shuffling her way to the door, the person knocked again.

"One moment!" She shouted as she approached the door.

Opening it she was surprised to see a pleasant and familiar face.

"Happy birthday, Dabria. I'm sorry to wake you so early but I was hoping you would join me for a morning walk?"

Plastered Remus' face was the biggest grin the girl had ever seen.

"What time is-"

"5:45" Bashfully, the man looked down at his feet. One hand was thrust into his pocket, the other rubbing the back of his neck as rocked back and forth on his heels.

"Merlin, Remus! I mean I'm up now anyway, but couldn't it have waited?" A yawn crept up Dabria's throat as she yawned, pausing her from continuing. Remus chuckled. "I mean since I'm awake now anyway, I guess I might as well get up. Come in, make yourself a brew. I need a shower."

Dabria quickly showered and dried herself off before changing into her regular teaching robes. Making her way into her lounge area, she was surprised to see Remus had made her a mini buffet of food. There were sausages, bacon, pancakes, eggs, hash browns, muffins and more along with tea, coffee and other drinks in jugs.

The two of you talked and laughed as you ate. It was 6:45 by the time you had finished. Since you didn't need to go to the great hall for breakfast, you decided to take Remus up on that walk he had mentioned.

The two made their way around the castle grounds before sitting against a tree that watched over the black lake. This was one of Dabria's favourite places at Hogwarts. It was secluded, quiet and the view was magical.

Snape knew this about the girl, he had remembered it from her school days. The days he would watch over her, make sure she was safe and okay.

When the potions professor was unable to find her in her office, chambers, the potions class and the great hall, he immediately knew where she would be.

As he approached the back of the tree, he heard not one, but two voices. Of course, she was with Remus. As he was about to turn to leave, he heard something that caught his attention.

"I do not mean to be rude or mean, but why do you stand up for Snape? He shows you nothing but intolerance."

Dabria paused, not speaking for a minute as she thought of the black-clad man.

"You may think so, but when I was a student, he showed me nothing but kindness. That man you say is miserable and hateful stuck up for me, supported me and never spoke ill of or to me. I will forever be grateful for that." Dabria smiled at the memories of her school years.

"But what about now? He treats you with the same respect he would treat a muggle."

"I know he can be a bitter man, but I can understand where he is coming from. I- We are werewolves. As much as I want to believe there is no way in Merlin's name, I would hurt anyone, there will always be that possibility I lose control one full moon and I hate that. This is why I have asked Albus that should I ever been in said situation, he will stop me, no matter what. E- Even if it means killing me."

Severus' felt a strange feeling at the witches' words. He couldn't understand how she could speak so highly of him. After all, he was a miserable, hateful wizard. That feeling soon changed, he felt sorry and scared for the girl for what she said about possibly hurting someone. He could never imagine such things.