Chapter 5 ~ Part of the pack

The rest of the month flew by and before Dabria knew it, it was the full moon. She had been nervous about it all month, but she knew it was going to be easier, she and Remus had been planning.

Remus had informed the witch that transformations were always easier around other wolves, they happened quicker and were less painful. He never told her how he knew it, but she knew better than asking, so she just listened. They planned that they would both be given a wolfsbane potion brewed by Severus on the night. They would drink it before leaving the castle and making their way to the forbidden forest. It was there that they would both turn.

As morning came around, Dabria awoke and immediately felt the difference. As she stretched, her muscles didn't seem as sore as after previous full moons and her joints cracked less. She felt less tired too and her senses seemed more heightened than usual. It worked and she felt so relieved.

The only problem was that she was naked... in the middle of the woods... and there was a warm arm wrapped around her waist.

Dabria couldn't believe what was happening. Sure, she had woken up naked in bed with a guy before but never with her colleague. She didn't know what to do.

Slowly but surely, she moved his arm off of her and onto the ground as she carefully shuffled away to find her clothes. Whilst fetching both piles of clothes, she took Remus' cloak and draped it over her peaceful body in doing so she noticed a sliver of a smile on his lips. He looked so serene and contempt and although they always laughed and had fun together, she had never seen him so relaxed.

Dabria was brought from her thoughts when she saw his eye move behind his eyelids, so in a hurry, she ran behind the nearest tree and began to change.

"Good morning," greeted Remus.

His voice was raspy yet smooth like honey, it made Dabria's knees that weak, she tumbled into the tree.

"I- Yes, good morning." Her tone was rushed and flustered, something Remus picked up with ease. He smiled to himself smugly.

"How are you feeling? In less pain than usual, I hope."

"Yep, it really did help to have you, well another wolf, there waiting. But I can already tell I'll be hurting tomorrow." With Dabria, her aches and pains were always delayed, she had always been like that. Whenever she had a Quidditch match during her school years, she wouldn't feel the pain of being rammed into or hit by a bludger the next day, but the day after that.

One way she could already tell the transformations hadn't been as bad as usual, was by the lack of headache. On the morning after a full moon, Dabria would usually have a headache as though she had downed a bottle of firewhiskey, this headache would gradually worsen into a week-long migraine, causing her to isolate herself in her room for days on end.

Now it was different though, now she had someone to guide her, help her. Someone to tell her it was all going to be okay. Remus, Remus could show Dabria the ropes of being a werewolf, he could teach her how to control her emotions and the wolf. He could teach her the ins and outs of lycanthropy. And he was more than happy to help her.

Once Remus dressed himself, the pair made their way back to the castle and quietly to the Hospital wing where Madam Pomfrey was already waiting for them, the two furthest beds ready for them.

Without hesitation, Pomfrey ran to the two and grabbed Dabria by the face with care. She began to turn her head, inspecting for any visible cuts, scratches, or bruises. The only mark she could see was a small tear on the top of her ear from the two wolves play fighting and nipping at each other. Next, she inspected Remus who had a similar wound on the back of his neck, another result of the wolves' games.