Elevator; (Hwang Hyunjin x Reader)

TW// Claustrophobia, Elevators

Bold + Italics: POV'S
Italics: Thoughts
Bold: Talking

Y/n's POV:

I sighed as I checked the time for the 5th time this evening. 

Urgh they really gotta get these elevators fixed, why is it so slow

I heard the ding sound signalling the elevator was there as I saw a figure there. I met his eyes as i groaned

Please, why no, please just why him just why

"Are you coming in or not" - His sweet honey voice said as he held the door open

It's now or never Y/n, you're going to be late for your shift

Sighing once again I entered the elevator, standing a good distance away from him. 

Him as in Hwang Hyunjin. Heartthrob of the school, and my ex childhood friend. Ex Friend isn't even the way to put it. He's more of a stranger in my life. He's been living a few floors over mine and despite living this close, we just exchange glances and an occasional hi. I looked at the time once more as I realized there was only 5 minutes left till my shift starts. I saw the door open as I realized it wasn't the floor I needed to get off at. I desperately reached for the button to close the door.

"Are you in a rush?" - It's his voice again
"Y-yeah i'm gonna be late for my shift" 

He gave a nod as I felt the elevator abruptly stop, causing me to lose my balance. Without thinking I held onto his hand as the violent shaking of the elevator stopped. I groaned for what seemed like the 5th time in the past minute as I realized it broke down. 

"This day can not get any worse" - I say 
"Y-Y/n, you're going to stop the blood flow going to my hand"

Shit of all this why did i have to grab his hand

"Sorry, reflex i guess" - I say letting go of his hand, turning away. 

I heard my phone ring as I saw my managers ID

"Hello?
***"Y/n where are you?"***
"Sorry sir, I'm stuck in the elevator, I don't think I'll be able to make it until they fix this"
***"I understand, you may have to take an extra shift though"***
"That's fine, I'll fill one of my days off"

I sighed again as I looked over at Hyunjin. I saw his breathing get heavier as panic grew in me. 

"Hyunjin? Are you alright??"
"Y/n I-I'm c-claustrophobic"
- He said stuttering

Shock ran through my body as I looked around my bag for a water bottle. His breathing was getting heavier by the moment as I finally found my water bottle. Empty. 

"Shitttt why now" - I said as I tried to calm myself down
"Jinnie is there any other way I can help?" - I asked him

I saw him try to speak but words weren't forming. I grabbed his hand without thinking as I rubbed circles on it.

"Jinnie, here look at me alright? Follow my lead. Breathe In, breathe out"

It went like that for the next few minutes as his breathing got stable. We slid on the floor of the elevator as I kept hold of his hand worried he may start panicking again. 

"Thank you" - I heard him mumble as he rested his head against the metal wall
"It's nothing" 

We sat there in comfortable silence as I realized that In all the time i've known him, I've never realized he's been claustrophobic and he's never told me.

"Jinnie?"
"Y-yeah?"
"Why didn't you tell me you were..you know..claustrophobic?"
"Uhm well no one really knows, I've never actually been in a situation like this" -
He said 

I sighed as I stared at his hand in mine. I felt my cheeks burn as I realized how well my hand fit there with his. 

"Take a picture of it, it'll last longer" - I heard him say as I rolled my eyes
"Shut up Hwang" 
"There's only one way to shut me up Y/n"

I looked up from our hands as our eyes met. His eyes were soft, it seemed as if they were melting me. I could only hope I wasn't red. He had me locked in with his gaze and I almost didn't notice his eyes flash down to my lips. Unconsciously we ended up leaning in as he captured my lips with his. 

We stayed like that for a brief moment as I felt his lips move, his hand leading mine to his shoulder as the other worked its way around my waist. It was tender and made my heart flutter. I've never actually admitted the fact I had feelings for him until this moment. I felt him back up as our lips lost contact. 

I kept my eyes closed, afraid to meet his eyes again.

"Open your eyes Y/n" - I heard him say gently as he caressed my cheek

I opened my eyes lightly as I was met with his eyes, looking into mine. 

I felt the elevator start up again as I moved back flustered, standing up. It stopped at my designated floor as I made my way to the door. 

The doors opened as I stopped to turn around. I saw Hyunjin looking at me as I walked towards him. 

"I really hope you'll come to approach me during school instead of walking off but knowing you, you probably will" - I said pecking his lips once more, making sure the tears threatening to fall don't. 

I walked away from him as I felt his grip on my wrist

"Don't worry, I'll make sure I approach you, and I'll make sure we do this more often...babe"

I felt my cheeks heat up as I mumbled an 'okay' and walked out.

{ Time Skip ~ The Next Day at School }

I was grabbing my stuff out of my locker as I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I let out a squeal as I realized people started looking towards me and the mystery person. 

"Hey Y/n" - It was him. That sweet honey voice
"H-Hyunjin, yahh don't do that" - I said turning towards him
"Fine I won't, only on one condition though" - He said leaning in letting our lips touch for a brief moment.

I heard gasps around the hallway as I saw him smirk. 

"Yah wipe that smirk of your face" - I threatened
"Or else what babygirl" - He said gripping my waist tighter

I felt my cheeks heat up as I buried my face into his chest out of embarrassment. I heard him giggle as he took hold of my hand.

"Y/n I want you to be my girlfriend. It's been hard ignoring my feelings for you, but I can't anymore. Would you be my girlfriend?" - He said looking into my eyes

I gave him a nod as he leaned in once more pecking my lips. 

"You're mine" - I heard him say

I don't know what I did to become his, but I'm glad we got stuck in the elevator together

~ THE END

I hope you enjoyed lmaooo
It's based on a mini dream I had :) Well cept it was with an idiot rather than Hyunjin but Dsbhdfdf YES. 

Love you allllllllll
~ Shayyyyy