Silence

Angelo's POV

It's been two months since we lost our son, and Ari has been in the same place since when we came home from the hosital she's stayed in the farthest guest room in a recliner on the balcony. She's barely eaten anything and she hasn't slept more than five hours a week. She doesn't want the kids to see her they've been house hopping between our mothers. Lorenzo Sr. can't see her not beacuse she doesn't want him to but, because he can't handle it, he's been running the mob as I have been trying to take care of her. It's now ten thirty and I hope she can eat today.

"Hey baby." I walked in with a tray of food. She turned her head looking at me and looked back outside, that's the extent of her communication. I placed the food on the bedside table and picked her up out of the chair placing her on the bed.

"I got you some fruit, you think you can eat a few pieces today before Dr. Shaw comes?"

Shaw is a therapist that I got for her my mom used him when my dad went missing for three years, he's said for their last four sessions she's just cried for the three hours.

Ari took two bites of the banana, ate a cube of pineapple, a strawberry and drank all of her tea. More than usual I'm just glad she finished her tea.

"Thank baby that's more than usual." I kissed her forehead and this time she didn't flinch, "maybe you can talk to Shaw today?" She shrugged her shoulders.

I sat next to her and held her hand and she held mine. I don't know how long we were sitting there for but this was the most intimate, yes intimate, we've been in months. Holding her hand is something I love doing. It says everything while saying nothing at all.

After another five minuets she pulled away and stood up walking to the bathroom, she left the door open and I followed her
"Do you need anything?"
"Can you shower with me?" She whispered,
"Of course"

We showered and she just let me wash her and hold her. I missed this, I saw the slight stretch marks on her stomach they weren't that noticeable but I knew they were there. after we showered she put on a maxi dress and put her hair in a puff, since she had gone natural once she found out that she was pregnant and hadn't done anything to her hair.
I put on sweat pants and and a wife beater and sat outside with her in the garden Dr. Shaw said having a session outside may be good for her. She was laying on a lawn chair with her hand rubbing her stomach when I brought Shaw to the backyard.
"Amor Dr. Shaw is here."
She sat up with a slight smile on her face and waved. I gave her a kiss and went inside to do some paper work. After three hours I heard a knock on the door and Ari opened it
"Dr.Shaw wants to talk to you before he leaves."
She was actually functioning today I was so proud of her, "sure let him in"
She let him in and left the room to go God knows where, Dr. Shaw sat down with a smile on his face.
"Your wife has made great progress but she's forcing herself to get better. This is not a bad thing it's actually a good sign, but she wants to get better so she won't be a burden once she is functioning again I'll ween her off of the pills.  I want to meet with her for only an hour and a half twice a week, the most effective way that I feel will heal her eighty percent instead of maybe sixty percent will be when she can have her own child.  Yes she has LJ and Elizabeth and she knows they are her children, but she wants her own child and part of her feels inadequaet."

"Okay why are you talking to me about her anitdepressants though?" I asked not that I minded but I was confused.

"She doesn't want to take them and seem....unstable.  She'll need your support."

I nodded if she needed them she needed them to help her get back on her feet, "Thank you Dr. Shaw I'll talk to her about it just send the prescription to our family doctor, Dr. Davis."

He nodded and we shook hands and I walked him out, when I heard someone shuffling around in the kitchen I walked in and saw Ari throwing stuff outofthe fridge. 

"What are you doing amore?"

"Everything in this fridge is either fast food, take out or spoiled.  We need to go food shopping."

"Okay, lets just have the chef come in tonight."

"I guess, who has the kids?"

"My mom,come on amore," I wrapped my arms aorud her from behind and pulled her to my chest, "lets enjoy today just us. I'll have my mom drop them off tomorrow afternoon."

She turned and put her arms around my neck kissing me, I pulled her closer to me missing her body.  We haven't had sex in two months and I don't know how much longer I could wait.  She pulled  away, "Do you want to go upstairs?" she asked kissing me again I picked her up and we spent most of the day upstairs.  

When it was about eight we went back downstairs and the chef was just done setting the table. Instead of having her sit next to me I sat her on my lap and we fed each other.   I missed my wife, I finally feel as if apart of me was back and I felt alive and happy again.

*NOT EDITED*