Chapter 1040

Natalie's POV: Once Will went to get ready to go home, I decided to speak to Hank privately for a little bit. "How you feeling Hank?" He smiled and looked at me. "Good. By the way, I've been trying to get a hold of you all day." I was confused and nodded. "Everything okay?" He sighed and looked at me. "I heard what my undercover ring did to your first wedding. Wanted to apologize about that. It's not the first time I've done that. Apparently, I did it to Casey too."

I was confused as to what he meant before just ignoring the comment. "I am pretty sure he forgave you. And so have I. Last time I checked, we were married now and expecting our first child. Well, second. Will adopted Owen and he's now his legal father." Hank smiled when I said that. "That's good for him. Every kid deserves a father. I am just glad that my grandson got to meet his father before he died." I nodded and sighed. "I am so sorry about Justin by the way."

He nodded and smiled. "Still hard. Especially around this time. Makes it even harder that I can't celebrate with Daniel." I nodded and understood. "I took time off to celebrate with Owen and was so glad about it. Didn't go that well but, all in all...it was a great quick getaway. It was nice to be back at the cabin. Me and Will went there for our honeymoon." He nodded and smiled when I said that. "Well, that was good for you. Now listen, how about you get going? I'm tired."

I nodded and then left, closing the door and shutting it. I then went to turn around and just about ran into Maggie. "Shit, sorry Maggie." Maggie chuckled and smiled. "It's fine. You're pregnant and your balance is off. By the way, I've been meaning to ask you if I am going to be helping you with the delivery. Might want to do some training for that again." I thought about it and walked away to the center desk. "I have to talk to you about that actually."

Maggie then walked over to me and stood in front of me. "What's wrong Nat?" I sighed. "You know the pandemic right?" Maggie then already knew. "Say no more. Natalie, of course if it comes down to Will or me....it will be Will without a doubt. Maybe instead, I can scrub in as the nurse who helps." I liked the sound of that and smiled. "I would love that and honestly, would prefer that. You are one of the most cautious nurses here and I think you're the best bet."

Maggie smiled when I said that. "Make sure to put it in your birth plan. Also, appoint me the one in charge. That way, I can make sure that you and this little one get the best care. I will also make sure to transfer to Maternity when you are done giving birth to take care of you." I sighed when she said that. "Actually, I am not planning to stay here when I am done giving birth. I was going to talk to Goodwin about just staying here for an hour or so and leaving right away."

Maggie was about to say something when Will walked up to us. "What you girls talking about?" Maggie looked at him concerned. "Natalie plans on asking Goodwin if she can leave the hospital to recover at home right after she gives birth regardless of the time of night." I turned to look at Will and sighed. "I know, it's far out but...I want to be ready. After all, I did go early last time." Will nodded and agreed. "We will talk about it okay?" I nodded and agreed when he gave me my coat. "Here, let's get going. Now, we're off tomorrow. We have the day with Owen."

Maggie smiled when Will said that. "Then enjoy it. See you guys in a couple days." I smiled and nodded before grabbing Will's hand and following him out of the ER. I then sighed as we looked at each other. "You really want to recover at home?" I sighed and nodded. "You are going to be there. So, I thought might as well." Will nodded and smiled when I said that. "Might as well." I chuckled and smiled as we walked out of the hospital together, ready to go home.