Chapter 1057

Back at the District
Jay's POV: As I walked back into the district, I smiled as I made my way to Erin's office so we could have lunch. However, she wasn't smiling when I got back like she normally did. Walking in with lunch, I moved to close the door so we could have privacy when I heard her talk to me. "You trying to make me get stressed out and mad?" I just looked at her and was confused. "What did I do?" She then walked up to me and slapped me. "You do not stop me from getting information on Hank!" She then went to grab the bags of food before going to sit at the desk.

I sighed when she did that. "Babe, it's for your own good. You would be stressed out and that's not good for the baby!" She looked at me as she sat down with her food. "Oh and me not getting any information at all is supposed to make me feel better? Jay, I may be hiding it pretty well but...we both know that I am scared out of my mind to loose him. Jay, he is my father. You don't get to filter what information I do and don't get about him. What if Will had done that when your dad was in the hospital? You would be just as mad at him as I am at you." 

I sighed and nodded as I got up and walked over to her. Bending down, I then grabbed her hand. "I made the wrong move. I was hoping to be the filter. I wanted to get the information first and tell you when I thought you could handle it." Erin sighed and looked at me. "Jay, I get you are worried about me getting overwhelmed with information but...isn't me being stressed worse? Because that's what happened because of your plan to protect me from getting overwhelmed."

I nodded and understood, sighing. "I'm sorry Erin and I wish I would've thought about that." Erin nodded and then got up to hug me. "Listen, next time you want to make this type of a decision...don't just talk to Will. He is not really the best when it comes to judgment about what to and not to tell a pregnant woman. Remember that undercover mission that ruined his first wedding?" Jay nodded and sighed. "That's really true." I then smiled as I rubbed his back. "Jay, I've dealt with worse okay? Remember, I was raped as a kid and abused by my father."

Jay nodded and then wrapped his arms around me. Leaning his forehead against mine, he then moved to kiss my forehead softly. "That shouldn't be something that you are using as a reason why you can handle it but, I understand. Erin, I will let you call anytime. I am just worried. I don't want you to get overwhelmed. Heck, the only reason I agreed to let you take this job was because I thought it would be a good distraction from worrying about Hank." I nodded and rubbed his back. "I will never stop worrying about the two most important guys in my life."

I smiled when she said that and was about to kiss her when I felt a kick. I then looked down at her stomach and smiled. "Did you feel that?" Erin then moved her hand to where mine is and smiled. "Oh my god, she's kicking." Jay smiled when I said that and moved to kiss my forehead softly. "Sorry for this going from a punishment session to a happy session." I nodded and then looked up at him. "Jay, anytime something happens with her that's nice...I want to be happy about it. It means we are getting closer to meeting our daughter." 

I smiled when she said that and leaned down to kiss her softly when we were disturbed. Antonio walked in and looked at us. "Sorry." I then turned to look at him. "We are on break for the next 30 minutes. Erin has to eat lunch." He agreed and nodded. "What about all of us?" I nodded and smiled. "What do you say interim head of Intelligence?" Erin smiled and looked up at me. "Everybody gets a 30 minute break for lunch. Come back after." Antonio nodded and went to tell everybody.

I then turned to look at Erin and smiled. "Now, where were we?" Erin then looked up at me and smiled as she went to kiss me softly while we stood in the office together.