Chapter 1078

Meanwhile, with Jay & Erin as they eat supper:
Jay's POV: As I watched Erin eat her soup, I couldn't help but feel sorry that she wasn't feeling the best. She still had morning sickness with the pregnancy and now she was coming down with a cold. However, I hoped the massage that I was going to give her when we got upstairs would help. "You sure that you just want to head to sleep when we get upstairs Erin?" Erin then looked at me, a little annoyed that I asked again. "Jay, stop asking. What are you not saying?"

I sighed and looked at her. "I was going to give you a massage but, I can now tell that you are really tired and would much rather be in bed." Erin then sighed and nodded. "I'm sorry Jay. I really appreciate the fact that you want to give me a massage before we head to bed but, I really need to sleep." I agreed and then walked over to her. Putting my hand on her neck, I went to kiss her cheek softly. "Sorry for pushing you. We will rest, I promise. You can sleep." 

Erin smiled when I said that and nodded. "I want to try and be better for New Year's Eve. I want to try and stay up until midnight to share a midnight kiss with you." I agreed and smiled when she said that. "If you don't feel good on New Year's Eve, just promise you won't push yourself to stay awake." Erin nodded and knew why I was saying that. "What is most important is your health and your pregnancy. If you are sick, then we will go to sleep."

Erin was shocked when I said we. "You mean to tell me that you will go to bed at the same time as me on New Year's Eve if I can't stay awake until midnight?" I nodded and smiled. "That way, I can set an alarm for 11:58 PM and wake you up to share a quick midnight kiss before we head back to sleep." Erin smiled when I said that and nodded. "That could work. However, I just remembered something....aren't you working on New Year's Eve?" I then shook my head. "No."

Erin liked the sound of that and smiled. "Good, because I don't really feel comfortable with you working on New Year's Eve considering that I am positive some people are going to try and gather downtown and celebrate New Year's Eve regardless of the pandemic." I nodded and sighed. "Exactly why I booked New Year's Eve off the moment I found out you were pregnant. I knew that I might be called in to work it and knew I couldn't be because of the fact that I need to protect your health." Erin smiled and nodded when I said that.

"Good job thinking ahead. Now listen, how about we finish eating...then we can head to bed where we can relax?" I nodded and agreed with her when she said that, ready to relax in bed.