Prologue

Stream labs and Twitch were pulled up on one of his monitors, lighting up his dark room. The lights were all off and the curtains were pulled closed, so he reached for the small LED light remote he had, pressing the button a couple down from the blue one, the pink-purple color just looking like a shade of blue to him.

Because he planned on just having a chill alt stream, he didn't feel the need to use his camera, just hanging out with chat and playing some cool math games that looked interesting. He figured it'd be a pretty fun stream idea.

He got the tab open and ready for cool math, already favoring the Papas pizzeria thumbnail he saw on the left side of the page, bringing his attention back to Twitch.

Before starting his stream, he decided to text a few people to see if they could join.

Karl and Quackity both seemed to be asleep, since they were offline on discord and didn't reply to his message within 10 minutes. Sapnap said he was busy so he couldn't join, but luckily, Dream said to give him about 20 minutes and he'd join whatever VC George was in.

The brunet quickly informed him he'd be in VC one, and smiled down at his screen. He always loved streams with him and Dream, whether it was just them or with their other friends.

Since 10 minutes had already passed while he waited to see if the others would reply, he decided to just keep going and not wait any longer, especially since he'd have to wait for the Twitch notification to go out anyway to actually start.

Quickly, he pressed the 'Go live' button and waited for people to show up.

Within a few seconds people started to join, and after 4 minutes -when he assumed the notification went out- the viewers sky rocketed to higher numbers, and even though they couldn't see him, he smiled brightly at his monitors.

"Hello everyone!" George greeted, beginning to explain his plan for that day's stream. While in the midst of talking, Dream joined the VC, and greeted the other with a tired "hi!"

"Did you just wake up?" George asked with a small laugh, moving his little gray character around in the cool math game, playing 'run', a classic.

"A little before you texted me, yeah. I haven't spoken till now, so my voice is still fucked" Dream spoke, his voice gravely and sending butterflies to George's stomach, somewhat unwelcomed to the person experiencing it. He hated how Dream's morning voice still got to him, he didn't really understand why it even did in the first place.

"Dream! You can't curse" George said jokingly, not really caring since it was just an alt stream that be didn't plan on posting to YouTube or anything.

"Says you, you used to swear like a sailor" Dream teased, his smirk evident in his voice. George always loved how expressive the others voice was, as if he could tell how Dream looked from his voice alone, the facial expressions and hand movements.

Some time ago, when they accidentally had sleep called -because George fell asleep- , he asked Dream how he spoke, like if he spoke with his hands. The blond had laughed and said yes, describing to him how he normally talked with his hands and was quite expressive with everything.

He liked to think he knew more about Dream than the American knew about himself.

"-orge? George? you good?" Dreams concerned tone hit his brain, and George shook his head softly as if to clear his mind. Had he really zoned out? During his own stream of all times?

"Hey, sorry, got a little distracted" he explained, rubbing his eyes softly and letting his body sink more into his chair, realizing that he had been running off the map in the game for who knows how long.

"I was in the middle of talking and you stopped responding, I got a little worried," Dream chuckled, the sleep laced sound sending a shock down his spine, "didn't know you got so easily distracted by me" the green-eyed male concluded.

"You're such an idiot" George brushed it off, returning to the game and actually controlling the small character. A part of him is happy he hadn't chosen the pizzeria game, since he was clearly not concentrated enough for that right now.

~

"That was a lot of fun, thank you for accompanying me" George thanked, scooting his chair away from his desk. Once the stream ended, he switched from using discord on his PC to his phone, earbuds plugged in as he walked down the hall and to the kitchen, grabbing the jug of water from the fridge.

"I had a lot of fun talking to you. Hey, can I ask about eairler?" Dream tentatively asked, not sounding quite hesitant but rather more indefinite.

"Sure, what's up?" he replied, furrowed brows giving away his slight confusion to anybody that were to see him. He went over to the cupboard that held the cups, realizing the only clean cups were on the top shelf. He hadn't done dishes for a little, and he didn't have too many cups to begin with, living alone and all.

He got on his tippy toes, trying his best to reach the top shelf, where a cup that was stacked on a plate sat. He had no clue who put that plate there, but he figured he could grab the plate and use that to get the cup, since that would probably be easiest.

"Eairler, when you were zoning out, what were you thinking abo-" the Floridain was cut off by a loud bang, a  pained gasp, and the sound of George freaking out, and possibly... crying?

"George? what happened? what's wrong?" Dream immediately begun to freak out, sounding more than concerned.

"I'm an idiot is the problem" George got out between sobs, laughing softly at himself.

"Elaborate?"

"I dropped a plate on my hand from the top shelf, and... I think I broke it" George explained, currently holding his left wrist in the middle of the kitchen, the afternoon light hitting him from the window above the sink.

"Oh my god, go to a doctor, dumbass" Dream laughed from how nonchalant the other seemed, waiting for a response.

"...Can you stay on call with me?" George asked hesitantly.

"Of course, now hurry up and get to a doctor" the blond insisted once again.

~~~
word count: 1084

heyooo :] new story 😎

just like my other story, I assume most of my chapters will be around 1,500 words. I've had this idea for a while but just haven't gotten around to it lmao.

quick reminder that everything I write isn't based on the people themselves, but their like, online persona and stuff :]

enjoy!