Chapter 8

His keyboard arrived.

Two very, very long weeks passed, and it had finally arrived.

He only had a little over 2 weeks for his cast to come off, which means in a little over 2 weeks, he can buy a one way plane ticket to Florida.

The excitement of the realization made him practically buzz, and as soon as the keyboard arrived, he ripped the package open and texted all his friends about it.

They all replied with happy answers, especially Dream who missed when they'd play chess together when they got bored. And yes, George could of just sucked it up and used his laptop again, but the battery for it was old so it always had to be plugged in, and he didn't want to buy a new one, so he rather just not use it.

Lunch time rolled around, and he was rather bored, so George texted Wilbur, asking if the brunet was busy.

The other said he wasn't busy, and they found themselves -once again- in a VC playing geoguesser and just talking.

"So, the cast removal date is coming up" the taller brunet said.

"Yeah, in really excited. Um, I actually wanted to get your opinion on something, kind of about that..." George trailed off, waiting for the other to give him the go ahead.

"Yeah, I'm all ears" he replied, Wilburs tone reassuring and kind.

"So, I know I need to tell Dream about how I feel before I move, because what if he feels uncomfortable in person or something, ya know? Plus, if he doesn't share feelings, it'll give me some time to get over everything before I move. And, I also don't want to be having these feeling in person with him, if the feelings aren't shared." He had clearly thought a lot about everything that could happen, and Wilbur mentally noted the overthinking.

"I don't think he'd get uncomfortable over something like that, but I agree that telling him sooner rather than later is your best bet. Even if he doesn't feel the same, I know he'd be chill about it. George, there's nothing to worry about, so I agree, you should tell him whenever you feel ready." Wilburs words made his tensed shoulders relax, and he appreciated the other more than anything in that moment.

He had grown so anxious about the whole situation over the past couple weeks, and now that he was starting to get over the whole 'well I don't wanna be in love with him' part, he was able to actually progress.

The next step after this conversation, was finding out if Dream was into guys, in a casual way to not bring any suspicion to himself.

He thought about how to do it all day, and when he and Dream started a game of chess later that night, he felt like then would have been a great time.

But, Sapnap was in Dream's room, and he didn't want to put the other on the spot like that.

And then the next morning, the blond, Karl, and himself all talking, the two Americans playing around on the smp. Then would of been a good time too, especially when Karl had gone to the bathroom.

But, he couldn't bring himself to do it at that moment, worried he'd mess it up.

And then finally, a good time had rolled around.

Two days had passed since he made his mission, and finally he'd be able to find out.

Earlier that day, Dream was streaming, doing some slow running on hard core mode for fun. Someone had donated, asking the blond what his sexuality was. In the moment, Dream had brushed it off and laughed, moving on and using the ghast that was currently trying to kill him as a good excuse to be busy.

So, after the stream, only George and Dream in the VC, both boys growing tired, he knew this was the right time.

"Hey, I totally understand if you don't wanna talk about it, but eairler when someone donated and asked... what your sexuality is, you never really answered. Um, what's your answer to that question?" George finished asked, feeling a weight lift from his shoulders. The anxiety still bubbled in him though, awaiting the response.

"Well, I'm not too sure yet to be honest..." Dream trailed off for a moment, swallowing loud enough to be heard over the phone. "But, I have been questioning a lot recently, due to um, something. But yeah, I'd say I'm not straight for sure" he said with a small laugh.

George felt alight with happiness. He mentally did a little excited dance, and quickly responded to his friend.

"I'm in the same boat then," he started, hearing the blond sigh in relief to the positive out come. "I feel comfortable with labeling myself as bisexual, but take as much time as you need to figure out what you feel comfortable with. There's plenty of people that go as unlabeled or sort of just stick in the ambiguous category."

Comfortable silence fell over their call, and it was broken by Dream a few moments later.

"Thank you" the boys voice was small, and it made George's insides twist with longing. He wished he could just hug Dream in that moment, and never let go.

"For what?" he asked, sort of confused.

"I don't know, making me feel valid and cared for, I guess," he said with a small laugh, his tone still quiet. "I really appreciate you and all that you do for me."

"All that I do for you? Dream, you've been here for me from the beginning. You've gotten me this far in the first place, with YouTube, streaming, and all the friends I've made. I should be thanking you if anything" he let himself ramble for a moment.

"I love you George, i should really head off to bed at this point, it's getting late for us both," the green-eyed boys warm chuckle lighted his originally quiet voice. "Goodnight."

And although everything in him tried to stop it, tried to make him hold back and keep himself in place, in that moment it felt right to say it.

"I love you too Dream, goodnight" and the call ended.

~~~
word count: 1043