Chapter 10

A couple days passed, his doctors appointment seeing to come faster than expected.

At the beginning of this whole mess, it felt like he'd never get that cast off, but now it felt like he'd get it off too soon.

George woke up a little but before noon, getting out of bed and making a simple breakfast, which ment some pre-made muffin his mom had bought for him to try and a glass of water.

He only had 4 more days, which meant tonight would have to be the night he talked to Dream.

The anxiety made his brain fuzz with static, but he knew not to let that get to him. He had talked about it with Wilbur the night before, deciding tonight was now or never to finally talk to Dream. The blond had come out to Wilbur and few others on the smp, meaning the tall brunet was aware of the whole situation. Even though George could've told the other that Dream had come out to him, he definitely didn't want to out Dream, incase the blond didn't want certain people to now.

But now, with Wilbur having all the information, he told George the right decision was to tell Dream some time tomorrow.

Or, today now. He knew he wanted to tell the other later at night, since that had just sort of become their thing now. He texted Dream, telling him that he wanted to talk while he ate dinner that day, since they hadn't done it in so long.

Awhile ago, for around a month, they'd usually be on call and eat dinner together. Since at the time both of them were living alone and would need someone to talk to sometimes, since watching TV got boring quickly, that became a habit.

On some nights Sapnap would join, maybe even Karl or Quackity. Maybe all three. It was always fun having them around to joke with while they ate, but he really needed it to just be him and Dream tonight.

The blond replied agreeing, seemingly excited to bring the little tradition back. They decided a time, which would be 12 a.m. for George and 7 p.m. for Dream.

The timing was obviously weird due to distance, but neither boys minded. George had also specified that he wanted it just to be the two of them, resulting in a few jokes from Dream, that the brunet laughed at and almost choked on his muffin.

The whole day he was growing more and more on edge, constantly trying to keep himself busy. But, he didn't have anything to do since his whole house was clean, there was nothing to distract him. He tried playing Minecraft, but by himself it was too hard, considering he still wasn't good with the new controls. He tried playing random cool math games, but that became boring pretty quickly.

He finally landed on packing some things up, just getting the whole moving situation started. It would probably be better to start now anyway, since he'd get the plane ticket soon, and could probably book a flight that was sooner.

So, he made sure all his kitchenware -besides two forks, two spoons, one cup and one plate- were packed up, so he'd still have things to use. He threw away stuff from his pantry and got to work packing little things around the house, like little decorations and picture frames. He had already talked to his landlord and had the moving and selling situation taken care of, so he had nothing to worry about.

He later moved on to pack up his room a bit, just knickknacks here and there, as well as a couple posters and such.

Finally, 11 p.m. rolled around and Dream called him.

They both cooked there meals as they spoke, George making some basic chicken dish with a pasta, and Dream making stake and salad for him and Sapnap.

The raven-haired male had popped in every now and then, but when actually eating rolled around, Dream had gone to his room and the Texan ate in his own.

"So, what have you been doing today?" the younger asked.

"Packing actually, I've gotten some stuff done. I can't believe the time is rolling around now..." he trailed off.

"Speaking of which, do you want to buy the ticket tonight?" Dream's tone sounded more than excited as he asked the question.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something before we buy the ticket" George swallowed thickly.

"You're not having second thoughts, right?" the Floridain sounded almost hurt, but keeping his composure.

"No no, definitely not," a pleased sigh was heard after the brit said that. "I really needed to get something off my chest before we do anything, just to make sure that... something won't affect us, and so that I can get this out of the way" George explained.

He seemed to hesitate for a moment before Dream finally said "Alright, go ahead."

"So, this thing has been on my mind these past few weeks, although I'm 100% sure I was feeling this way before I even realized it" he laughed softly. "But, it took a while for me to, accept this feeling I guess, and I knew I needed to tell you before I move over there. I'm just going to go ahead and say it before I can procrastinate any longer," both George and Dream laughed at that this time. "So, um, I like you, a lot, and I totally understand if you don't feel the same, but I needed to tell you before i move over there, to make sure I had an answer, and in the worst case scenario, get over my feelings before I move in with you and Sapnap." He finally finished.

He finally told Dream how he feels, and now he just has to wait for a response.

A sigh was heard over the phone, and George couldn't quite tell if it was disappointment or Dream feeling relieved. A long second followed, before Dream spoke.

"...I like you too George, a fucking lot. I have for awhile, and I'm so glad you brought this up before I did, because i felt like I was just going to never tell you."

George practically cheered when Dream said these words, and the blond reacted the same way with how excited the brunet was over their shared feelings.

"I was so fucking terrified, it's insane..." the brunet took a bite of his chicken, humming at the wonderful taste. He made a note to use that seasoning more often.

"Me too, and would you look at that, you really are like all the simps on tik tok" Dream teased, the sound of his salad crunching heard over the phone.

"What is that even supposed to mean?" he laughed.

"You haven't seen my face either, and yet your in love with me" the natural joking tone might feel odd for other people who just confessed there feelings after weeks of anxiety and nerves, but it felt so right for them in that moment.

"Well, I'm not just like them, cause I have you, right?" George's smile was clear in his voice.

"Slow down, ask me out first idiot" Dream's faux grumble made the brit giggle.

God, Dream's voice always managed to get George wrapped around his finger.

"Fine, fine, will you be my boyfriend Dreamie?" his tone was joking at first, but changed to serious and endearing.

"Of course, I love you" the blond sounded just as affectionate.

And just like the last time he said it, it felt more than right too say it this time, but without any lingering worries.

"I love you too, idiot."

~~~
word count: 1286