Chapter 13

~Aphmau's Pov~
"Aphmau I am worried about Laurence." Garothe said as I was saying my goodbyes. "What do you mean? Garothe?" "I mean he has his sight." "So what you mean is he can see where he aims his sword now." I cut him off. "Ya I didn't mean it in a rude way but Aphmau he's a shadow knight and every shadow knight must kill their lord in order to get immortality." "Do you think we should worry?" "No, just go on your trip and I'll watch him."

~Blair's Pov~
"Okay I'll be gone for a few days Please for the love of Irean please stay home." I said to Ren as I got my things together. "Yes mom, I will stay inside and clean all my messes." He mocked me. I headed for the docs where Aphmau and Kiki where waiting for me. "Are we ready?" I asked as Aphmau nodded her head and we got onto the small boat and Aphmau put Kiki in the golden lasso. It was weird Kiki looked oddly pale, sweaty and just off. We took off and it only took twenty minutes to get to Brighport. When Aphmau awkwardly parked the boat I noticed a woman waiting for us. She had shoulder length blonde hair and she was in a guards uniform. "Hello! Lord Aphmau, its great to see you again. I see your looking well." She greeted Aphmau and gave me side glances. "I'm Blair." "Nice to meet you." She smiled. "It's good to see you Azura but I must be going to the wolf trbie." Aphmau said in her most cheery voice. "Understandable. Jake was the one who requested a ship to sail to Phoenix Drop from me. I knew you'd come shortly after he returned. Which is why I'm here. Aphmau, Lord Burt is currently out on business with a village we are at the brink of war with." She told us. The thought of war made me shiver and get goose bumps. "Is it the same village that the wolf tribe is fighting with?" I asked her. "No. The village the werewolves are at war with is a village of wolves. We are at teetering on the brink of war with the human village of Pikoro." "Where is this going?" Aphmau asked as I was afraid of the answer. "Lord Burt has not returned from the village of Pikoro. He went there with the intent to preserve peace, but... I don't know what to do." She sighed fear and sadness filled her big green eyes. "Why don't you go after him?" I asked her. "Before all this the High Priest of O'khasis, Zane came to invite Brightport to the O'khasis village alliance. Burt respectfully refused, however this didn't sit well with Zane. Eventually tensions were high with the village of Pikoro and we were left with no defences after our guards were ambushed during a training exercise... That's when Zane stepped in and offered to show Burt how O'khasis could protect us, Zane issued a couple of guards to stay here in Brightport and even a Ranked guard from the Jury of Nine to guard Burt... Needless to say Burt accepted, but I lost my place at his side over time. I do not blame Burt at all we just need help." She babbled. "Jury of Nine?" Aphmau questioned and me and Azura both looked at her as if she lived under a rock. "Aphmau the Jury of Nine are guards who are sworn to protect the Lord of O'khasis. They all specialize in a form of magics. Not only that they are incredibly powerful... Terrifying powerful." I fan girled out. As a kid I always wanted to be part of the Jury of Nine, but when I got older and my parents died I didn't really want that anymore. "I still don't get why you can't go check on Burt." "They're making sure no one leaves villages and are attempting to brainwash the people into believing that Burt is a terrible Lord and to overthrow him." Azura spoke slowly like the words hurt to come out of her mouth but she kept her head up. "If you happen to go by Pikoro Please can you check on Lord Burt?" "If we go by there we will." Aphmau assured her, Aphmau was always good at assuring people everything will be okay. "Thank you so much!! Welcome to Brightport we fixed up your house feel free to stay there if tou need a place." She said as we made are way up the stairs from the docs. We got to the top and there where O'khasis guards everywhere. "Hello stranger's, know that this town has, been under the watch of the Lord of O'khasis. Do not attempt to defile this land." One of the guards said as we walked by. "Keep walking." Another one yelled at us. We awkwardly walked to her house and went inside. "Heyyy look how nice my house is." Aphmau said excitedly. "This doesn't weird you out how they have a curfew and how all the sudden O'khasis has all this power." "Oh it definitely weirds me out I am just trying to look on the bright side of things you know." She explained and she laid Kiki down. "She's burning up." I put a damp rag on her head, I noticed the guards start to circle are house more.