Chapter 22

"Malachi was alive nine hundred years ago, around the time of Lady Irean." Laurence said to himself as I passed him and went over to Malachi. "Hey you okay kid?" "I-I feel free. I feel... Alive." "I remember who I am... That's more than enough for me. I am okay I really am." He sobbed. "Hey you have me now kid." I gave him a hug. "Thank you... Uhh do you think I can have some time here before we leave? I'd like to say goodbye to my fears." "Of course Malachi." I smiled at him as he went inside the castle. Big fat snowflakes began to fall and I took the golden lasso the little owl was in out so I could put a bandage on his wing and give him food and water. While I was doing that the guys where making a plan to get Logan.
~Renn's Pov~
I looked over at Blair she is so beautiful with the way the snow fell in her raven black hair. I knew my dutys in Phoenix Drop where to spy on the witch/werewolf hybrid and report news to Zane but some small part of me felt an attraction to this hybrid. I knew Laurence and Dante did to I mean how could you not the way she smiles and her innocent glances. I couldn't tell Zane anything in fact I haven't spoke to him since we got here and I hated that I feel weak. "Renn! Did you hear that!?" Laurence snapped at me bringing me out of my thoughts.
~Blair's Pov~
While I was taking care of the owl Malachi came up to us and started playing with him. "Hey Blair! Looks like Owly here is going to be okay!!" He said with a smile.

 "Hey Blair! Looks like Owly here is going to be okay!!" He said with a smile

(This is what Malachi looks like just more ghost like.)
"Owly?" "Um yeah... I named him that, is that okay?" "I like the name owly, we can keep it." I smiled at him as he pet the snow owl. "Hehehe! Great! I was thinking, you can check the rest of the castle for supplies we could use for the trip. You can take whatever you want." "Great thank you Malachi." I said before going up the stairs and to the right again I went thru the shelves and shelves of books and found a boarded up door. I kicked the wood done that was coving the door and then I went inside. When I went in, there was a desk and a wall of books. I went out another pair of doors to see a broken balcony. I gasped when I realized that this must be the balcony Malachi died from. I turned around to see a ghostly man standing behind me. "Ahhhh Oh Irene!!!!." I jumped almost falling off the edge of the balcony. "....... Thank............... You......." The ghost said to me before disappearing into a light. Wait was that Thomas? I thought to myself as I went back into the office. I went back down stairs to find more rooms. I turned right away from where we were staying and found another barricaded door so I broke the wood down and went inside where I found some crates. I found some lanterns and put them in my bag since everything fits in it. I also found a backpack which is what I put the stuff I found in. I found a bandits mask another golden lasso, a tent, some blankets and pillows. After that I tried to go into another room but I found that black and purple stuff that was all over Phoenix Drop, I slowly closed the door and went outside where the guys where still planning. "Soo what's the plan?" "Okay so we are going to head a little South East from here and set up camp, then we'll go directly East again." Dante said. "Ya cuz that makes a lot of sence." I said sarcastically. "We are going to set up camp and get rest, then make a plan of action and go to the wolf tribe and get Logan." He explained. I sighed and said okay. We all got on to are horses and a few hours later we set up camp but we got lost. "WE HAD ONE DIRECTION TO GO IN!! HOW COULD WE GET LOST DANTE?!" Laurence yelled at Dante. "WELL FORGIVE ME IF I WASN'T PAYING CLOSE ENOUGH ATTENTION TO DIRECTIONS WHILE I WAS FLEEING FOR MY LIFE AND PROTECTING DONNA!!" He yelled back. "Y'all need to calm down. We'll find a way to the Eastern Wolf village. I am sure we can't be to far off." Renn got between them. "Who's side are you on Renn?" Laurence snapped at him. "I am on Blair's side and from the looks of it she doesn't seem bothered by your petty squabble." Renn said calmly. "No I am not, I am trying to think of a plan while you guys fight over who got us lost!" I said as I pasted back and forth. "Hey! I am on Blair's side too! I just don't want her out in the cold any longer than she needs to be! Blair you should come cuddle up next to me." Laurence winked at me and I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "SHE CAN TAKE CARE OF HERSELF!" Renn snapped at Laurence. "What Jealous Renn? It's okay you can cuddle with the horses." Laurence mocked him as he rolled his eyes and I let out a small giggle. "You two calm down before I make your faces cuddle with the ground." Dante yelled at them. "Wow big talk coming from a guard who just finished training school." Laurence looked him up and down. "Don't test me." Dante said flatly. "ENOUGH SQUABBLING ALL OF YOU!! We need to find high ground and try to establish a location." I snapped at them as they all went quiet. "Yes ma'ma! And Blair I was only kidding about you being delicate." Laurence said and than he punches Renn and Dante playfully. "Haha you guys are funny!" Malachi laughed. "I'll carry Owly to lighten your load. Fun fact, I can make people and things I touch invisible hehe! But only for a short period of time with humans at least... Objects are a different story!" He said with a big smile. "That's so cool Malachi!" I said as I walked off to find higher ground. I walked off into the woods as I found some high ground I climbed up the hill I looked around and there was absolutely nothing in sight.
Dante climbed up the hill I am on and stood in front of me. "Any luck?" "No nothing." I said clearly bummed out. "Look I am sorry I got us lost. Laurence may be rash with his words but he speaks the truth. I should have been paying more attention." "Hey it's not your fault Dante, we'll get out of this." "Heh, thanks, anyway... Wait, what's that." He said as a wyvern went flying into camp. "A wyvern?! B-b-but... They were sealed in their realm a long time ago, right?! Come on Blair! We have to help them!!" "Wait! Dante that's Garothe's wyvern Raven!!" I yelled but he was already running toward the camp and I ran after him. "Laurence told me everything, glad he was here too. If not I might have struck at the wyvern. What a wrath that would have been to face." Dante said as I caught up. "Dang he already explained to you that quickly?" "He brought a letter from Garothe, it says Kiki is doing a lot better now and there is no sign of any O'kahsis guards near Phoenix Drop." Laurence said as he scanned the letter. "That's great! And since he was able to find us maybe he can help us find the Eastern Wolf village." I said with a smile. "How are we supposed to ask it to do that when no one speaks it's language except Lady Irean." Renn babbled. "That's the thing we might not be able to understand them but they understand us we can just simply ask him." Laurence explained. "How do you know so much about them?" Dante asked and Laurence's face went soft and sad. "I umm used to have one." He said lowering his head. "Anyways, Blair, Malachi you guys should get your rest while I sent Raven out so we can find our coordinates." Laurence gave me a cocky grin. I went into the tent where Malachi was playing with owly. "Hey Malachi the guys are going out the find where we need to go, I am going to take a nap can you wake me when they get back." I said to little Malachi as I got into my sleeping bag and closed my eyes.
"Wake up! Blair!" Someone whispered to me as they shook me awake. "Wha- huh?" I opened my eyes to see Malachi. "Their back they said that we weren't far off the trail, it'll only take about twenty minutes to get there!" He said while packing his things.
~Twenty minutes later~
We tied the horse to some trees on the outskirts of the village. I grabbed my sword and put it in my sword belt just in case we have to fight and I have no time to change forms or use magic. We sat in the tree line and watched the wolves. "So what's the plan?" Dante whispered. "I thought you guys made one?!" I looked at them with daggers in my eye's. "Oh great." Laurence said with sarcasm. "Your the one who knows this place inside and out!" Renn quietly yelled at Dante. "No! Really... We were held captive underground! The only time I got to see the village was when I was running for my life!" Dante said matching the level of sarcasm Laurence had. "Yeah but didn't you guys try going back for Logan?" Laurence asked while calmly leaning against a tree. "Yeah but we only got so far before we got spotted and had to flee!" Dante whispered. "Umm." Malachi said but they couldn't hear him over their bickering. "GUYS!" I interrupted them. "WHAT!!" They all said at the sometime. "Malachi wants to say something." I said calmly as they all three turned and looked down at Malachi. "I umm I can go invisible and try to see if I can scout the area and find where we need to go." He said with a big grin. "That's a fantastic plan Malachi." I said smiling back at him. "BRILLIANT MALACHI! You're a genius, finally someone has a good plan." Laurence said to Malachi as he gave Dante and Renn a mischievous grin. "I just want to help you guys! I'll be back as soon as I can!" He went invisible and left us in the darkness. When all the sudden we heard growling from all around us. "Dang it!" I said in frustration. And then everything went black as they knock us out.
"Ahhh, where's my stuff." I touched my head in the spot they hit me, I was bleeding they also injected witchazle into my system which they knew who I was. As my eyes regained there sight, I saw the Alpha standing in front of us. I let my eye glow gold as I growled at him. "You must be the werewolf hybrid the Alpha Human speaks of ." His sharp jaw clenched and I stared into his red glowing eyes. "I guess I am." I said thru a low growl as my werewolf teethe began to show.

"Hmmm you think your tough

"Hmmm you think your tough." He said with a sick grin. "Yeah actually I do." I smiled as I saw his anger boil in him. "WHAT ARE YOU SMILING AT?!!! THROW THEM IN ARE JAIL!" He screamed in my face as I began to laugh and then once again they knocked us out. I woke up to see the guys in the cell across from me. Ren was walking back and forthe when he stopped when he noticed I was awake. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? ANTAGONIZE AN ALPHA LIKE THAT!!!" He yelled at me from his cell. "It's not like he would have let us go anyways." Dante said calmly and I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Hello roomy."