A

_____________
You say we are strangers
But I have felt your pain
I've seen the cards you've been dealt
And I've held your hand when it got too much
So, tell me now, are we still strangers?
~ Alisha E.
_____________

Dating as an adult was difficult, but dating as a famous actress was even harder. Ruelle was in Paris now. She was almost done with the movie, but she feared that by the time February came along, she and Zachari will have lost their connection.

It was a saddening thought. She liked the man. Her feelings for him were instinctual. Over the past few weeks, she had become fiercely protective of him. He had been hurt too much. If Ruelle had any say, the dark edges of life would never cut his pretty skin ever again.

Despite that, Ruelle was all too aware that attraction and feelings couldn't always keep a relationship together. People changed all the time — hell, she was practically a different person after these last few months in Europe. She worried that when they reunited again, they would not recognize each other.

Ruelle glanced at the foggy window beside her. She was sitting in a cafe, a cup of coffee before her. Looking at her face, she noticed her weary face. She was exhausted and her skin showed it. What she needed was rest, but how could she rest when she was stressing about a man thousands of miles away?

Frustratedly, Ruelle rolled her eyes. She was a grown woman. She would not let lack of communication hinder her relationship.

After paying for her drink, the actress walked to her temporary apartment. She had been trying to make it as homey as possible, but after weeks of trying and failing, she gave up.

Still bundled up in her coat and gloves, Ruelle FaceTimed Zachari. He picked up on the second ring, his back to the camera. He had a lovely back filled with muscles and a small dimple on his left side.

She had pointed it out to him, and he said he never knew it was there. That day, Ruelle spent some time helping Zachari discover all of his body's hidden features.

Now, she smiled fondly at the memory. She missed touching him. He was shy at first, but eventually, he allowed her to learn his body without a fuss. Of course, he returned the favor eventually. After all, he was a big advocate of fairness.

She cleared her throat as she settled the phone down. Walking backward, she started shedding her outside clothes until she was in jeans and a crocheted red top.

"Isn't it late over there, Rue?"

Ruelle nodded. It was running about 9 pm by now. She left work around 7, but she spent an hour to get to the cafe and another hour inside.

She explained that to him as she stood there with a hand on her hip. Squinting her eyes for emphasis, she pointed at him. "You stress me out."

He frowned at her words. As far as he knew, he hadn't done anything. "Uh how?"

On any other day, Ruelle would've melted at his cute expression. He looked adorably confused, and it was tugging at her heartstrings, but Ruelle was a woman on a mission.

"I miss you. I wonna go on a date with you. I'm scared you're pulling away cause I'm always busy. You suck at calling me first. I miss you, and I don't know how to make this distance work."