And

_____________
Ha, I guess it's my turn
Are you ready for this?
I'll share my tale
Just hold my hand
That's it, just like that.
~ Alisha E.
_____________

Zachari loved snow. It was so beautiful to him. Smiling softly, he peered outside his windows. He had been convinced that it wouldn't snow this winter season so he was pleasantly surprised when he woke up this morning.

As he watched the snowfall, his mind flashed back to the days he and his sister used to build snowmen. She hated the cold but Zachari was her hero so wherever he went, she followed. Even as an adult, Zachari would sometimes sneak to her house and force her outside.

He missed her. He missed teasing her and talking to her.

Instead of shutting himself down, he allowed himself to feel. His grip on the tea mug tightened as the emotions flooded. This time, he was feeling so much more than the bad. He was remembering the good things, the fun times they used to share.

Those two together were a menace. The younger sibling was a daredevil and Zachari always went along with her schemes. He never knew how to deny that girl.

Zachari wanted to go outside and he had the perfect excuse. If anyone asked, he was just desperate to see Ruelle. It was definitely not because he wanted to touch the snow.

The man didn't realize how hard it was snowing until he stepped outside. "Damn that's gonna be a bitch to drive in."

He smiled as he held a hand out to catch some of the white substance. He was feeling the cold and the tingling numbness that came with it but all he cared for was the sight within his palms. Zachari loved snow because it was beautiful — he didn't have any other reason.

When he got to Ruelle's place, he called her so she could buzz him in.

"Bubba, you missed me already?"

Ruelle had left her hideout in his apartment yesterday. She secretly wanted to stay forever but she figured the man probably needed space. Her personality took a lot of room.

Cheekily, Zachari nodded. He was telling the truth but she didn't need to know the other details.

Inside Ruelle's apartment, a mess greeted Zachari. "Rue your place looked completely fine yesterday. What did you do?"

Ruelle laughed, slipping her robe off as she walked further inside. She was dressed in a pair of boxers that looked a lot like his and a sports bra. "Yes, I stole it. Don't ask. But I'm starting to pack some of my stuff up. I wonna donate some clothes and most of my furniture."

If things went according to plan, Ruelle would be moving to her new house by the beginning of March. She was excited to see how the next few weeks went by.

Zachari nodded in understanding. "Lemme help?"

A grin formed on Ruelle's face as she moved towards her speakers. "I just know you got a good waistline. Lemme see you move, big man!"

He chuckled at her enthusiasm and removed his jacket and hoodie. Dressed in sweats and a white tee, Zachari moved towards Ruelle with a smirk on his face. She was showing all of her shiny pearls as she wrapped her hands around his neck.

The two laughed as they danced around her living room. They honestly forgot they were supposed to be packing. At some point, Ruelle ended up standing on her couch, a hairbrush in her hand as she sang like someone broke her heart. Zachari looked up at her amusedly, lifting his hands in surrender when she pointed at him.