Love

_____________
Cotton candy, Flower field, Sugar kisses
You laughed, I smiled
Sweet darling,
How I've missed you
~ Alisha E.
_____________

"Rue, get off me."

Ruelle beamed when she heard Zachari's voice. "Oh, good! You're up!"

Zachari, under his silk sheets and with a pillow over his head, groaned. "Because you decided to jump on my back."

His lady smiled innocently, "Did I? My bad."

Zachari shuffled a bit and easily twisted so that Ruelle laid on her back and he was on top of her. She grinned at him, her hair still in her favorite bonnet and her face freshly washed. "Good morning, bubba."

He wanted to be mad. A second ago, he was mad. Yet now, with her wide smile before him, all he could do was sigh and say, "Good morning, Rue."

He sagged and laid his head on her chest. Ruelle's hands immediately wrapped around him, her fingers caressing the side of his face. "Sorry for breaking your back. It's nice outside and I wonna have a picnic. Can we have a picnic?"

Their city had refused to acknowledge that it was spring. The cold temperatures had irritated Ruelle to no end, and she was happy to see that May was finally bringing warmer weather. She had all intentions of taking advantage because Ruelle knew better than to assume the cold temperatures wouldn't return.

Zachari was exhausted, but he knew it was a mental one. The anniversary of his sister's death was creeping upon him. He needed a distraction and Ruelle was offering. It didn't take much convincing for him to accept her outstretched hand.

After nearly three hours of prep, they were finally at the park. Ruelle wasn't surprised to see a full crowd. She wasn't the only one who grew tired of the cold. As far as her fellow residents were concerned, 60 degrees meant summer. They would be outside for the rest of the day.

They found their spot near a small patch of flowers, and after Ruelle set everything up and took a million pictures, Zachari was finally allowed to sit down.

He dramatically plopped on the blanket, emphasizing how tired his legs had been. Ruelle giggled, "Sorry. Everything looked so pretty! I had to get the right angles."

Before they could eat, Ruelle finally told him what the round mirror she carried was for. Of course, Zachari didn't bat an eye when she said more pictures. He just sat and ate his food while she took candid pictures using the mirror.

Unwillingly, she dragged him into her photoshoot too. "Don't be stiff, bubba. It's just me. Now splay your hands on my tummy. I wonna highlight your rings and my beads. Make it look sensual!"

How the hell was he supposed to do that?

Ruelle laughed as she watched him struggle. Zachari was sensual with everything he did, but if you asked him to do it on command, he was utterly confused.

Ruelle shared a secret smile with herself before placing a soft kiss on his lips. His attention had turned to her, the furrow between his brows loosening.

She took the time to start a random discussion about baking, people biting into ice cream, and eating cake in wine glasses. She kept an eye on her phone camera, but he didn't notice. He listened intently to her words, and by the time she finished her ramble, she had all the pictures she needed.