Chapter 2: A childhood pet

11:00 pm
January 7

It's almost midnight, I just hope this won't last long and things will go back to normal...
I'm just gonna sleep till this goes back the way it is.

5:00 am
January 8

"Arf!Arf!Arf!" A dog barking for help "ugh! Why is a dog barking at this time,it's not even 8:00 am yet!" Vivi said with an irritated voice. "Wai-wait if there's a dog barking,then it has an owner!" Vivi rushed outside finding that dog while she is still sleepy. It took her 3 long hours to find the dog, later on, she finally saw the dog, A brown poodle.Stuck in a huge old rock full of vines around it. She look around and saw no one. She talk to the dog with a very calming voice saying "Don't worry, I won't hurt you in fact i'm here to help you!"
She immediately took the dog to the vet and took care of it by herself.
A week has passed.
And they become close with each other. But... Vivi noticed that the dog look like her old dog that died. She took her phone and compared the two, she giggled and said "You know I really miss her...My dog I tried to forget about it but...I couldn't" Vivi burst into tears and cried her heart out but manage to continue. "But the worst thing is that I didn't even name her, I have this bad habit of forgetting to name someone and my parents told me she...died" Vivi cried for minutes and somehow the stray dog comforted her and said "Arf,arf,arf" with a concerned voice saying "don't worry! Vivi, i'm here to protect you!"
Vivi felt relaxed and started to cope with this new change.

-Dog's pov-

"Ughh! I've been stuck in this huge ugly rock!" Complained the dog but after that it had a depressing look and has finally given up, not because of the huge ugly rock, but because of it's owner. The owner left the dog because of no food to feed it, not enough space to stay for it and being worried they might get kick out of their apartment and they might live on the streets. The dog suddenly realized to not give up there might still be people willingly to help the helpless dog therefore it barked as loud as it can "Arf!Arf!Arf!" Hours later it lost its motivation to bark again until it heard a footsteps, a footsteps of a human saying "don't worry, I won't hurt you in fact i'm here to help you!" The dog smiled and began to have hope in humanity again. But when it smelled the lady it reminded herself her old owner named "Vivi" it smiled when she knew vivi is still there caring for her.
A week has passed.
And the dog finally recovered, all it wanted is to let vivi to know that she is still here and never abandoned her ever again but the dog herself knows vivi wont know that this is her dog so, the dog tried to comfort vivi for it is what it can only do for vivi to be happy again...

But...Why is the dog and vivi only the ones left?
Is there something she has to know...

                       -Vivlyn lee