The core...

I woke up feeling exhausted, probably because of yesterday's birthday party. Apparently, it was Jesse's birthday yesterday, I should get them a late birthday present for letting me stay here. I got up and went downstairs. Huh, looks like everyone was up and eating breakfast. "Hm? Good morning Ink, I see you're awake" Gaster smiled as he sipped his morning coffee. "INK! GOOD MORNING" said Papyrus sitting next to Sans "Morning Ink," said Sans. "Morning everyone, sorry I overslept," I said feeling a little embarrassed.

"Actually, it's only 10:00 o'clock in the morning so you're not that late" said Sans. 'Thank heavens for that! I thought I slept for a baby to grow into a toddler again, but Papyrus would have woken me up if I had slept that long'

"Thank heavens, I thought I over slept" I said relieved. "Would you like something to eat for breakfast?" Gaster inquired as he sipped his coffee. 'Right now, breakfast sounds wonderful, I wonder wh-'

"IT'S BACON AND EGGS!" said Papyrus, 'Wait did Paps just read my mind? it was probably an accident'. "Sounds grea-" Ink was about to finish his sentence when he got an overwhelming sense of dread. He'd had similar feelings previously when the AUs would act up, but this time it was more intense than it had ever been. Gaster noticed Ink's sudden behavior and decides to ask what was bothering him. "Ink, Are you alright?" Gaster asked, his voice anxious. That drew the attention of the two skeleton brothers, who turned around to see their friend gripping his chest in pain. "OH MY GOODNESS, ARE YOU OKAY!?" Papyrus yelled, concerned for his new friend "You don't seem too good buddy," Sans observed. "I think you should go back to bed."

"No, something's wrong with the AUs," I said, summoning my giant paintbrush. "Do you want me to come with you?" Sans asked. "N-no it's dangerous and besides I am alrigh-"Ink's legs gave up on him just as he was about to continue his sentence, causing him to fall down with his giant paint brush. "O-ow" Ink groaned. "INK!" Shouted the three skeletons, rushing towards their fallen friend.

"Help, I have fallen and I can't get up" I said struggling to get up. "DON'T WORRY FRIEND INK, I THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL GIVE YOU A HELPING HAND" Papyrus took Ink's hand in his and lifted him up. "Thanks Papyrus, you're the best" I said gaining my balance. "YOU'RE QUITE WELCOME" said Papyrus. "And Sans, I think it's for the best if you do come along" I said smiling. "Good choice" said Sans.

I grabbed my paintbrush and opened a portal to the Doodle sphere, "We will be back as soon as possible" I said to the others. "Understood, be safe you two" said Gaster calmly. We then went inside the Doodle sphere, once we walked in the portal immediately closed behind us. "Welcome to the Doodle sphere!" I said excited, 'I am so happy! This is the first time I've brought someone to the Doodle sphere!' "Woah...it's beautiful" Sans said amazed at how beautiful the place was. "Thanks! And once I visit all the AUs I am going to make this place a meeting room for the AUs to talk about important things" I said, proud of my totally 'original' idea.

"Sounds great" Sans said exploring, he stopped as he saw floating blank papers above him. "Those are the AUs, we are here because there's something wrong with them" I said walking towards him. "Is that why you fell down?" "Yes, when ever the AUs are in trouble I become weak and sometimes in pain" I said holding my paintbrush for support. "Then we better hurry and figure out what is wrong" Sans said with a serious voice.

I sighed and floated towards the AUs, where everything appeared to be in order until I came across Horrortale. The core was shutting down, just like in the original AU, and everyone was worried. Gaster, Alphys, and Sans of Horrortale are attempting to solve the problem, but the more they progress, the more monsters get hungry.

"I know what's wrong," I said as I approached Sans. "One of the AU's core is shutting down," I explained. "Fortunately, it happened just a second ago." "The core..." Sans said under his breath, his face concerned. Sans was afraid of the core shutting down, which was one of his many fears.