Chapter 2

After I put on some clothes Mom said were nicer, I got in the car with her and Dad. They told me about how to celebrate me not needing to be in the hospitals anymore, the doctor lady had invited us to something called a recital.

We rode in the car before we stopped in front of a big building and after we found a place to park, we entered inside. Inside, I followed Mom and Dad until we reached a really big room with lots of chairs in a bunch of rows and a piano, like the one Mom and Dad sell. We went to some seats in a row that Dad said were our seats. Lots of people came into the room and after a boring wait where Mom and Dad told me to be good, the lights turned off everywhere except the place with the piano. Then, a girl with red hair went down and sat down in front of the piano and after a minute, she started playing it like I see people doing in Mom and Dad's shop. As I sat and listened like I was told to, I realized the music was really pretty. I always hear music at the shop, but this song sounds so pretty, even more than any music I've ever heard.

Mom then leaned towards me and said "Y/n, did you know that girl is the same age as you?"

Someone who is six like me can play something so pretty? That's so cool! I want to do that too!

--------------------------

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. Usually I don't remember much about my dreams, but the exception to that is when I have an often reoccurring dream of such an important day, the day when I was six where Dr. Nishikino had invited me to come see her daughter's piano recital. Maki's song that day was so very amazing that after that day I started begging my parents that he wanted to learn to play music too. And not too long after that, they gave me an acoustic guitar that Dad, who knew how to play guitar, started teaching me. For the one year before I moved to Nagano, Dad taught me regularly and after that, Dad sent me some books about learning guitar. Hearing Maki play that song, at that recital was what had inspired me and given me a passion for music.

"Enough reminiscing, I need to get ready to head to school and meet up with Maki." I mumbled to myself. I got up and after changing into my new uniform, I headed to the bathroom for the typical daily hygiene stuff. I headed back to my room and grabbed my bag before I headed to school.

"I'm off." I called out to my parents who were having breakfast before they would head to Six Strings. I got on my shoes and headed out immediately, because while I wouldn't mind joining them, I'm not a big fan of breakfast and am fine without it, so I don't really see the point.

I headed to the location me and Maki had agreed to meet up at. I ended up suggesting the place because the map app on my phone, this place is about the same distance from both of our homes, and it's not too far away from the school, it's about two-thirds of the way from my house to the school.

I walked along the road, paying attention to my surroundings so that sooner rather than later, I'll be able to find my way around decently enough without needing as many directions from my phone's map app.

I eventually reached the park a bit before the time I agreed with Maki to meet here. I sat down on a bench and enjoyed the cool morning air for a bit before I saw a certain redheaded girl headed this way to whom I stood up and walked over to.

"Good morning Maki. Thanks again for agreeing to show me around the school today, you didn't have to but you still agreed to." I said.

"I feel like there are other people more suited to showing you around, but Mama asked me to and you don't seem like a bad person so far, so I'm not against it." Maki responded "I'll show you to the staff room and your homeroom teacher should lead you to your class."