Chapter 7

One Week Later...

As the school festival came to a start, I walked into the school with my guitar on my back and an umbrella over my head, the pleasant sound of the falling rain colliding with the umbrella improving my mood. Today is a day I have something important planned for near the end of: my confession to Maki. Before I got to actually meet Maki, I had been hoping that I could meet the girl who's recital inspired a love of music in me. But after I got the chance to meet her, where I had always thought I would be satisfied with just that, I ended up wanting to get to know her, and I was lucky enough to get the opportunities to do so. And as I got to know her, I ended up falling in love with her, not as the girl who inspired me, but as the beautiful girl who while she has a bit of trouble expressing her feelings towards others she cares for them. I think back on my views from before I got my chance to meet her, and I can't help but feel like if in the end, I was happy with that, I would have lost the chance to get to know such an amazing person.

The only person I've told this to is Hinagiku, one of my closest friends in Otonokizaka, my trusted senpai, and the vice president of the guitar club. When I confided in her about my feelings towards Maki and my plans to confess to her, she told me to go for it and that she was hoping things would go well.

I stepped into the building and saw the other students going around and getting their final preparations for the festival done. I headed to the club room to meet up with everybody and remind everybody of where each of us will be playing. I don't really need to be reminded, but the plan is to put my stuff in there and head to my spot.

Once I got there, I greeted the others and after I quickly made sure my guitar was tuned, I went and talked to them until everyone arrived and had this position.

With that, I left the room and headed to my spot to play, where we had a metal fold up chair set up. I took my seat and soon after started playing my guitar. In the end, the rest of the club had decided that my song was good enough to play. With them giving it their approval, the next person I want to hear their thoughts on it was Maki.

I continued to play my guitar with the occasional break for a while and when I was about to stop playing so I could go watch Muse' performance, two girls walked over towards me. Their uniforms weren't Otonokizaka's so I guess their people who are related to other students or are here to check out the school.

"That's a really nice song you're playing. Is playing this out in the hall what your club is doing for the festival?" One girl said

"Uh yeah, we ended up deciding to do a street performance kind of thing." I said "And thanks, I actually was the one who composed this song." I guess I can try to talk to them for a bit. I should be able to go see Muse perform even if I spend this little extra time.

"That's really cool. It sounds good and I was curious about it." the other girl said

"So are you in the music club or something?" the first girl asked

"Uh no, the guitar club." I said

"I never would have expected Otonokizaka to have a guitar club with how it's been getting less applicants." the second girl said.

They kept talking to me and as much as I wanted to tell them that I was about to take a break, I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I was only able to get a few words out before they cut me off and continued speaking. I know it's not the case, but it felt like they were having a conversation and keeping me involved just enough that my socially awkward butt wouldn't be able to leave. By the time they walked away, the time was that by the time I would get to the roof, I would have just missed it. Thoroughly annoyed at myself, I cursed my luck and decided to take a break anyway, even if I was unable to go see Muse perform.