12

“Happy anniversary Mom, Dad.”

“Happy anniversary”

Forth and beam greeted Mr. and Mrs. Jaturaphoom the moment they saw them. Making the older couple shocked. They didn’t expect their workaholic son to actually be here on their anniversary.

“OH MY. What a great surprise!” forth's mother said and hugging her son, completely ignoring beam. Beam awkwardly stand there smiling at his father in law, who seems to too absorbed in observing mother-son reunion.

“I would have never imagined you take a day off for our anniversary. Seems like beam has put some sense in you.” Said Mr. Jaturaphoom teasing forth.

“aww Dad, How could you say that.”

“Stop teasing my son. Come inside Son. I missed you soooo much.” forth's mother said caressing forth’s arm.

“I missed you too mom.” forth said.

“beam, how’s Bangkok? You are comfortable there now?” forth's father asked beam as they seated on respective seats on luxurious sofa in front hall.

“Yes. I am comf-“

“Oh what’s kind of question is that honey? What’s there to be uncomfortable about? He is living with richness that many MIDDLE CLASS people only dream about.” forth's mother said not letting Beam complete his sentence. And intentionally putting pressure on middle class word to taunt beam.  

The room went silent. Forth's father gave his wife a warning look as he saw her words were effecting forth more than beam. He ignored his wife’s behavior with beam in past, he didn’t give it a thought. But now, he could see her behavior was getting out of limit and it was affecting his son. He also suspected an hidden motive of forth, behind this sudden visit. There must be reason why forth decided to come here out of nowhere. So he immediately diverted their conversation, not wanting his wife to do anything wreak less.

“So forth how’s the deal with CHOI’s went on?”

“It went well dad.” forth said ignoring his mother’s latest comment.

As father son pair engrossed in their business talk. Forth's mother looked said to beam.

“beam mind if helping me in the kitchen.”

Beam nodded and followed her fearfully not knowing for what he has to prepare himself for.

“Butler, excuse all the staff from kitchen duty today. My SON-IN-LAW came home today. So today he will take duty of kitchen for first time as a Jaturapoom.” beam watched as forth's mother cheerfully excuse all workers in kitchen. Who silently went out, giving beam pitiful looks, which beam didn’t understand what were for?

“So beam, you have to prepare dinner for 100 people today. And butler will hand you list of dishes you have to prepare.”forths mother said.

“Hund- hundred people?” beam said out in shock.

“Yes. Oh I forgot to tell you. Mine and forth’s father’s close friends and relatives every year come together to celebrate our anniversary. So, Its 3pm now. The party is at 7. Make sure everything ready by then.”

With that she left the kitchen. Beam stand their frozen. How was he going to do this? First of all he never liked making food. Surely he make few dishes but that was because his mother forced him to. But will he able to make dishes that he never tasted or ever heard a name of? God what would he do now?