Sinners

Cassandra, Caterina and Chance were all sitting around in the empty classroom, they claimed in first year

Cassandra, Caterina and Chance were all sitting around in the empty classroom, they claimed in first year. Cass was working on her sewing, Chance was watching her and laughing whenever she pricked herself, and Cat was forcing brightly colored knitted hats and scarves on Chance.

While a bright orange wooly hat was covering Chances eyes, a whoosh of hot air hit him suddenly. When he pulled the hat up, to see what had happened, Cat was gazing at Cassie with her head tilted and her mouth slightly agape. Cassie on the other hand, flicked her hair over her shoulder, because it was getting in the way and was concentrating on the messy material in her hands.

Chance studied the room for a moment and turned back to Cass. "What was that?" He asked. Cassie looked up clueless, then she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What? I sneezed." Chances face scrunched up. He stood from his chair abruptly and held his hands out in front of him.

"What?! Ew how did it like- what?! You-you sneezed on me?!" Cassie stared at the squirming boy with disbelief.

"No," she sneered, "I turned my head to the side, so I wouldn't do exactly that. I also held my nose! Maybe next time I will fuckin-!"

"Ok!" Caterina shouted, then she went back to her usual dreamy tone. "Chance sit down before you ruin my knitting, your fine. Cassandra, deep breaths, ah don't give me that face! Deep breaths."

Chance awkwardly sat back down, fidgeting and squirming as he went, and Cass reluctantly took a large inhale and softly let it out. They both cleared their throats in sync and went back to how they were, minutes prior. Then Chance felt the same hot air rush past him, as he was taking something out of his bag. He turned to Cassie, anger and disgust written all over his face.

"What do you have fucking allergies or something?!"

Cassie looked furious, as she glared him down. "I don't know! Maybe I'm allergic to your bullshit!" Cat just dragged her hand down her face, in disappointment. Chance threw his hands in the air, dramatically.

"Oh really?!" Cassie made on odd face and Chance backed away quickly. "Oh don't you dare sneeze right now!" As Cassie sneezed, she looked away and held her nose tightly. But Chance felt the same hot air rush into him, face and all, he froze, and his mouth dropped open, at the sight before him.

Cassie flicked her hair behind her shoulder again and turned to resume their bickering, but when she seen both Chance and Caterina staring at her with wide eyes and still postures, she stopped herself. She seen Cat hide something behind her back quickly, and scoffed lightly.

"W-what? Guys, I can't help if I sneeze, I even looked awa-." Cat shook her head, a bewildered expression on her face.

"No- it's not that."

Cassie darted in eyes between the two, freaking out a little bit. "Then what? What is it?" She breathed out. Chance stepped forward slightly.

"When-when you sneezed-." Cassie opened her mouth, about to tell him off, but he didn't let her get a word out. "No, no, no, you don't understand, your-your-." The classroom door burst open, and two fifth years toppled in, talking in hushed whispers.