Please love

"It is no place of mine, to take a child away from their family, Ms Harper

"It is no place of mine, to take a child away from their family, Ms Harper. I understand that 'someone', is going out there to harm you, but I believe your parents will be perfectly capable of keeping you safe on their own. Placing you with a different family for the Summer, will only be putting the families lives in danger also. So I am afraid, I cannot help."

Cassandra stood before Dumbledore and McGonagall, in disbelief. She glanced at McGonagall, who looked just as shocked as she felt.

"Perhaps," the Professor started, "I could take her in for the time being." She suggested, making a small bit of hope, spark inside of Cassie. Only to be met with a shake of the head, from Dumbledore.

"As I said before Minerva, you would be put in danger. It is a risk, I'm not willing to take." Cassies breath picked up as she stepped forward, pointing to herself, with a shaky hand.

"W-what about m-my safety?" She asked, her eyes full of fear, making McGonagalls heart break. "I'll-I'll be in danger."

The Headmasters expression didn't even twitch. "Well, I've heard that you can put up a good fight with those fists of yours, never mind your wand, and your parents, well their both extremely talented. I wouldn't worry your little head about it."

Cassie didn't even bother hiding her glare, with a smile. If looks could kill, Dumbledore would be six feet under. "That's all good, apart from the fact that one of parents-." She cut herself off, took a deep breath and licked her top lip.

A sickly sweet grin took over her face, as she nodded her head forward in thanks, her eyes never leaving Dumbledores. "You know what? Sorry to waste your time. Your right about the studying though, my parents would absolutely kill me, if I came home with bad results."

Without waiting for a response, Cassandra turned on her heal and stormed out the door, with her head held high.

McGonagall turned to Dumbledore, eyes wide in confusion and concern. "But Albus-."

"She has a very interesting Summer ahead of her." He interrupted, carrying on, seeing the look on the transfiguration Professors face. "Without the events that will take place this Summer, Cassandra will not be able to start her training next year."

"Surly there's a better way to go about this." McGonagall stated, but it came across as more of a question. She had a stern expression as she stared him down.

"Minerva, this will make her stronger." Dumbledore stated, McGonagall shook in fury.

"She's just a child, she doesn't need to be strong," she paused, strolling over to the door, "she needs to be safe."

***

That conversation took place around a week ago and crowds were piling out of Hogwarts Express, greeting their parents with bright smiles, ready to go home for the Summer. Cassandra held Fred's hand in a tight grip, not quite ready to let go.

Mrs Weasley, had agreed to take Cassie in, in a heart beat, but then received a letter from Dumbledore and the idea was diminished. The woman sent Cass an apology letter, practically everyday, afterwards. Of course, Cassie had accepted the first apology straight away, but that didn't stop Molly from feeling awful.

Chance came over and kissed Cassie on the cheek, wishing her a farewell. Caterina wrapped her arms around Cassandras waist, her head rested on her chest, Cass placed her chin on Cats head, rubbing her on the back with the hand that wasn't in Fred's hold.

When Cat pulled away, George strolled over, after saying goodbye to Alicia and ruffled Cassies hair. She grumbled at him and smacked his arm away, saying goodbye. Lee gave a short bow, bidding goodbye. Then last but not least, Zephyr strutted over to her, completely ignoring Fred. She grinned at Cass, Cass grinning right back mischievously.

The Gryffindor leaned down and pressed on small kiss on Zephyrs cheek, her lips lingering for a moment before pulling away. Zephyr scoffed a small laugh, glancing around, in attempts to hide her blush, before whispering a small, 'see you next year', and walking off, but not forgetting to blow her a kiss over her shoulder.

Fred rolled his eyes, while Cassie smirked. He spun her around to face him and stared down at her, concerned for her future, the future which Cass was trying not to think about. She tried to reassure him with a little smile, but that only upset him further.

"Forget what old Dumbledore said. He's like a hundred and something, he's probably off his rocker. Just come home with us please love." He begged, his shoulders slumping when Cassie shook her head no. He embraced her tightly, before someone behind him cleared their throat loudly.

Oswald stared down at the two full of pity. One of Akilahs friends stood behind him, no doubt to make sure that he brought Cassie home. Akilah had suggested that the man go with him, because apparently she didn't want him to be lonely and Oswald couldn't say no.

Fred and Cassandra gazed up at the adults. Fred bit his lip, restraining himself from telling Cassies father off. He didn't say anything and turned back to the trembling girl in his arms. He leaned his forehead on hers, their noses touching and took a deep breath.

"I-." He started, but cut himself off. "Write to Cat, if you want to speak to me alright? She'll send them to me." He whispered, aware of the men behind him. Cassie only nodded slightly in response, to frightened to speak.

They unraveled themselves, from each other. Fred hesitated, in walking off, he only took his eyes from hers, when he was swallowed by the crowd. Cassandra turned to her father, wanting to hug him tightly, but the man she had never seen before, standing there, looking her up and down, examining her body, stopped her.

The journey home was filled with a painful silence. When Harper Manor finally came into view, Cassie almost puked. Oswald could hardly glance at his daughter without wanting to break down in tears, knowing exactly what was going to happen, once they get through the front door.

As Cassie trudged towards the entrance to the house, the place she once called home, she began to feel faint, but kept steady. Her abreathing came out raggedy and hollow. Twisting the door handle, felt like she was twisting her own stomach. Finally, when the door was open, Cassie came face to face with the person she dreaded the most.

"Hello darling." Akilah drawled out, a sickly sweet smile on her face, a sick glint in her eyes. Akilahs friend pushed Cassie forward into the house, Oswald following, seemingly in a rush to leave the room as fast as he could, not daring to look his daughter in the eye.

Cassandras knees almost gave out when she seen the wand twirling in Akilahs hands. Her mother was wearing a long, deep blue dress, her dark hair pulled into a tight bun at the top of her head. Akilah licked her painted lips, slowly, her eyes never leaving Cass.

"Oh how I've been waiting for this moment." She began strolling forward, teasingly slow, her wicked smile growing, when Cassie flinched back. "You see sweetheart, practicing spells on stupid little rats and house elf's, just.......isn't the same." She paused, arching her perfectly plucked eyebrow. "You get me?" She asked.

"It's not the same, without your agonizing screams filling every corner of the room."

Cassandra trembled, her eyes brimming with tears, she shook her head. Trying to say no, but feeling like all the air had been sucked out of her lungs. She hardly took a step back, before Akilah had raised her wand, pointing it directly at her.

"We'll get to the good stuff first, yes?" She grinned.

"Cruico."