Regret nothing

"Mr Weasley, what do you think your doing?"

The Gryffindor and Slytherin second years, were all sitting in transfiguration taking notes down, when McGonagall cleaned off the blackboard. Dust flew everywhere, and Cassie wasn't able to warn Fred about her sneezing, as she was sitting with Katie in front of them, but luckily, when the first person in the room sneezed, the twins turned straight to Cass, who was twitching her nose.

Without a second thought, Fred practically launched himself forward and wrapped his arms around half of Cassies face, covering both her nose and mouth. They all sighed of relief when this stopped Cassie from sneezing, but everyone was looking at them, like they were crazy.

"Oh, I eh-." Fred spluttered, trying to come up with a reasonable excuse, his arms still around Cass, he had jumped up, and reached across his table, so his chair went flying back. McGonagall blinked slowly at them both, Cassie just stared up at her with wide eyes, half her face covered.

"Just- sit down." She commanded, confusion still evident in her features. From across the room Lee rolled his eyes at the pair, but couldn't help but smile at how ridiculous they looked.

Chance sniggered at them, he was sitting beside the Slytherin girl who sat behind Cass in potions. He raced to sit beside Cass when they came in, but Katie got there first. The girl leaned in close to him.

"Is Ca-Harper alright." She paused. "Not that I care, I just- if she's sick- I don't want to get sick- you know." Chance turned to her.

"No, no she's not sick." He sneered, thinking back to the time Caterina skipped up to him, and told him some people stole her books, in the most dreamy, soft voice, as if nothing was wrong.

The girl sighed slightly in relief, Chance furrowed his eyebrows, but then rolled his eyes and went back to taking notes. Before the girl went back to her notes though, something caught her eye.

"Chance Viot-, I thought your last name was Kingston?"

Chances eyes widened as he scribbled out his name. "I have no clue what your on about."

***

That afternoon, the Gryffindor quidditch team were finishing up practice, they had a match in two days time. Cassandra flew down to the ground and landed softly, it was always a shock to see her on a broom. As when she was on her two feet, there wasn't a clumsier person, but in the air, she was graceful and skilled.

Oliver strolled up to her. "You done great today, I can't wait to see the Slytherins faces when you zoom past them in the match." Cassie blushed and let out a small laugh.

"Thanks Oliver, but I have to say, I wouldn't look half as good, if I was trying to score with you as keeper." Oliver grinned as they walked back up to the castle. He brushed his arm of hers once in a while, which would cause Cassies heart to skip a beat each time.

Fred, George and one of the third year chasers, who's name was Rhysand, trudged along behind them. Fred glared daggers in the back of Oliver's head, while Rhysand and George talked about the match. He wanted to run up there, grab Cassies hand and run up to the castle, but he knew that Cass actually liked Oliver and he didn't want to spoil anything for her.

Then Oliver touched Cassies hair, the hair that Fred had plaited that morning in the common room. He heard Oliver say something about letting it down and he was off.

Fred took off in a sprint towards the pair, just as Cassie was staring down at her hair hesitantly. When he reached them, he ran out in front of them and tossed Cass over his shoulder.

Cassie yelped in surprise, causing butterflies to erupt inside of Fred, and she squirmed uncontrollably. Shouts from George and Oliver were heard, but they paid no attention to them. Once Cassandra registered what was happening, she couldn't help herself, but burst out laughing, it was music to Fred's ears.

By the time they reached the courtyard, they were both out of breath, Fred from running, and Cass from laughing so hard. Fred noticed that the more she laughed, the more her body temperature rose, but decided not to say anything at the moment.

He twirled around a bit, with Cass still over his shoulder, then set her down. She swayed slightly, before regaining her balance and smacked Fred on the arm repeatedly. He just laughed loudly at her state, her hair was now even more ruffled, her cheeks were bright pink and though her actions were out of irritation, a huge goofy grin, was spread across her face.

"You ars!" She exclaimed. "You scared the shit outa me!" He just continued laughing. "I think I was actually getting somewhere with Oliver, like wow." His grin only slightly faltered, at the older boys name, but then he thought of Oliver's face when he lifted Cass away.

"I guess you could say," he paused dramatically, "I swept you off your feet, my lovely." Cassie tried her best to cover up her smile and turned her back on him, with her arms crossed.

"Awe sweetheart," he cooed, you could practically hear the grin in his voice, "I had to do something. He touched your hair!" At this, Cassies face fell, thinking that Fred was worried she would burn Oliver with her hair. But then he continued.

"That plait is, or was, a masterpiece, can't have him messing it up, now can we? And besides, only I can touch your hair, oh well and Cat, but that's different." He placed his hands on her hips, spun her around to face him and whispered.

"I would say sorry, but I regret nothing."

Cassandra allowed her lips to spread into a smile. "You wanna go to the library and drop stuff, and the first one to get given out to by Madam Pince has to do the others ones homework?"

Fred's face lit up even more. "It would be my honor. Race you." He shoved Cass back and ran forward, she stumbled a bit and raced after him, shouting at him, completely forgotten about the conversation with Oliver.

***

The next day, everyone was wishing Gryffindor luck for the match, apart from Slytherin of course.

Cassandra was strolling through the crowded halls alone, when the blonde Slytherin girl, who they still didn't know the name of, rushed past her.

"Good luck in your match tomorrow, don't die." She whispered. Cassies forehead creased in confusion, she turned around to the girl, who then proceeded to shout at her.

"Oh fuck off! You know Slytherin will win, they always do!"

Cass didn't say anything, as the girl kept walking, she even turned around and gave Cass a small thumbs up, then she glanced around and dramatically changed it to the middle finger.

Cassie blinked slowly, shook her head and continued down the hall to meet with her friends. When she reached their classroom, she plopped down in one of the chairs, thinking about the blonde girl.

Chance, Caterina, George and Fred, all stared at her waiting for her to say something, she was normally the one to start up a conversation. They all shared looks and George forced a cough.

Cassie opened her mouth and they all raised their eyebrows in anticipation, but she quickly shut it, seemingly deep in thought, and they all slumped back down.

When she did decide to speak up, it was not quite what they expected.

"What's the name of that Slytherin girl that sits behind me in potions?" Caterina opened her mouth to reply, but Cassie kept going.

"You know, she's blonde, a little darker than Cats hair, she has like, chocolate brown eyes, small, she's really pretty." She trailed off. Everyone stared at her, she was just gazing off into space.

"Eh, Zephyr Maríon, I think." Chance hesitated, Cass let out a small sigh.

"Woah."