Pufflehuffle

"Cassie my lovely, I was brought here to get you out of this thing, if I don't, I think Chance is gonna hit me, so

"Cassie my lovely, I was brought here to get you out of this thing, if I don't, I think Chance is gonna hit me, so...." Fred glanced at Chance, who had his arms folded and was tapping his foot impatiently, with a stern expression. Fred cleared his throat and gazed back at the large dome made of flames that Cassandra had surrounded herself in.

Today there was a Hogsmeade trip, normally the girl would be excited about leaving the castle to stock up on pranking supplies and sweets, but there was a boy who was jumping for glee about a date Cho had set him and Cassie up on for the day. So, Cass resorted to conjuring a dome of fire around her, a dome that nobody could pass except her.

"No fucking way, am I letting this down!" Cassie shouted out in reply, Cho turned to Chance with a scowl of disgust.

"See the way she's scared to let her dome thing down," she started, "it's a metaphor, that dome, is her wall. Ok? And the last time she let her walls down, she got hurt, that's on you. This whole thing is your fault." Cho shook her head, turning her nose up.

Fred, George and Lee all frowned at Chance in confusion, but didn't question it when Chance rolled his eyes dismissively. Suddenly Cho sucked in a quick breath.

"Wait how is she doing this dome thing-?"

"Cedric fainted when I told him what a period was!" Caterina blurted out in a panic with wide eyes, attempting to distract the Ravenclaw. Cho spun around to her in shock.

"No, really? Oh my Merlin, he really didn't know what it was?" Cho asked, bringing all her attention on Cat. Cat sighed in relief and nodded. Chance forced out a loud scoff.

"He didn't know? Pff, what-what an idiot." He laughed nervously, glancing at Cat every other second. Cho and Cat stared at him, then shared a look.

"Do you what a period is?" Cho questioned, with eyebrows raised. Chance rolled his eyes, and smiled awkwardly, as if the answer was obvious.

"Yeah, duh, of course I do." He responded, the girls waited expectingly, Chance huffed. "Come on, there the Medieval Period, the Renaissance Period, Neolithic-, I could go on." The boy paused, studying the looks he was getting. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

While Chance, Caterina and Cho argued, George and Lee sniggered at Chances attempts to impress Cat with his knowledge, and Fred circled the dome of fire, with a face full of curiosity.

The older twin zoned out for a moment with a goofy smile on his face, happy that Cassandra didn't want to go on this date as much as he didn't want her to. While Fred dazed into space, he tripped on a small crack on the stone floor, falling straight towards the burning red and orange flames.

Automatically, Fred's hands went forward to break his fall, a gasp emitting from his lips. He squeezed his eyes shut in anticipation for the searing pain, but after an awkward moment or two, he peeked one eye open.