ᴘᴀʀᴛ 9

|| Sensual Warnings ||

● ● ●

༻𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐏𝐨𝐯༺

𝟳 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿...

"Is everything alright, princess?" I asked Lessi.

She was going to meet the princes that were chosen for the arranged marriage. She didn't like that too well. I could tell.

She looked over the balcony at the knights, and offered her hand for me to join her.

I took it and looked around at them all, "Hm...reckless."

"Fun," she corrected, "how about we go have some, yeah?"

My eyes widened, and before I knew it, I was being dragged out of the room.

"Princess the dinner will be happening soon!" I shouted.

"Stop calling me princess, already! Just call me by my name."

I groaned, and we made it to the grand hall. There were already people around.

Lessi signaled to Enrian, who was on a platform telling a story, to distract the crowd.

Her brother nodded and began to over exaggerate his story. The maids around became busy swooning over him, and it gave us safe passage.

We quickly made it to the entrance and were stopped by two burly guards.

"You cannot leave princess," one of them said.

I bowed and apologized for her behavior, yet Lessi still took off in the blink of an eye.

I stopped the guards from chasing after her to retrieve her myself, "Princess!"

She didn't listen, and jumped into the flowers when she reached the garden.

Great, now her dress is dirty.

I sighed. It was hard to ever do my duties justice when she was such a rebel.

"Join me," she said.

"Never," I retorted.

"So bitter~" she whined.

"I'll join you," a familiar accent came from behind me.

I looked up at the tall curly haired man and the princess smiled automatically, "Uvin."

When he sat, I gave up and settled to the ground with them both, "I'm going to be in so much trouble."

"Worth it," Lessi giggled.

We all started to chat and laugh as if we were those same three little dreamers back then.

"I still think about our wish," the princess whispered suddenly.

"Yeah...it's getting harder to even think about acquiring it," Uvin responded.

"Hope goes a long way, Vinny. You'll see."

I smiled, switching the subject for my own sake. Freedom was something I thought I'd never have. "Find a prince you think you might like?"

She shook her head fastly, "I can't see myself marrying any of those men. Well, except for this one boy who was picking his nose."

"Ew~" I cringed, "That's not princely at all."

"Of course it isn't," she shrugged, "but better a kind boyish heart than someone like my emotionlessly dull uncle."